The New York Rangers take the road to square off against the Carolina Hurricanes in the opening game of the NHL Playoffs Second Round on Wednesday, May 18, starting at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The most recent betting odds for this matchup show the Rangers listed atto win on the moneyline. The Hurricanes are currently to claim victory for this contest. This matchup has an over/under set at goals.
This article uses lines as of May 18, 2022 at 5:12 PM ET. Browse all the latest odds for this matchup below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Hurricanes Vs Rangers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 18
Hurricanes: Jordan Martinook: Out (Lower Body), Frederik Andersen: Out (Knee)
Rangers: Keith Kinkaid: Questionable (Upper Body), Sammy Blais: Out (Knee), Barclay Goodrow: Out (Lower Body)
|Total Pick||Over (5.5)|
|Spread Pick||Hurricanes (-1.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Hurricanes Vs Rangers Team Stats
|Hurricanes Avg. (Rank)||Rangers Avg. (Rank)|
|3.38 (9th)||Goals Scored||3.06 (16th)|
|2.45 (1st)||Goals Allowed||2.49 (2nd)|
|34.0 (9th)||Shots||29.0 (28th)|
|28.1 (1st)||Shots Allowed||30.8 (11th)|
Hurricanes Key Players
Rangers Key Players
- The Hurricanes have been a moneyline favorite 70 times this season, and have gone 50-20 in those games.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Hurricanes a 63.0% chance to win.
- The Rangers have been made an underdog 31 times this season, and won 15, or 48.4%, of those games.
- Sportsbooks have implied, given the moneyline set for this matchup, that the Rangers have a 40.0% chance to win.
- Carolina’s 89 matches this season have finished above this game’s total of 5.5 goals 50 times.
- New York has played 43 games this season that ended with more than 5.5 goals.