The San Antonio Spurs (30-38) will look to leading scorer DeMar DeRozan (22.0 ppg) when they attempt to knock off the Brandon Ingram-led New Orleans Pelicans (30-39) on August 9, 2020. The Spurs are 3-point underdogs (per DraftKings) against the Pelicans. The game’s points total is 238.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 9, 2020, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Spurs Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 9
Pelicans: Darius Miller: Out For Season (Achilles)
Spurs: Trey Lyles: Out For Season (Appendicitis), Bryn Forbes: Out (Quad), LaMarcus Aldridge: Out For Season (Shoulder), Tyler Zeller: Out (Knee)
Examining the Over/Under
- The average over/under the Pelicans have had set in games this season is 5.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Spurs this season is 9.4 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- The Pelicans and their opponents have scored more than 238.5 points in 39.1% of their games this year (27 of 69 opportunities).
- San Antonio has combined with its opponents to score at least 238.5 points in 21 of 68 outings (30.9%) this year.
- The Pelicans and the Spurs combine to average 8.8 less points per game than the over/under of 238.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 232.2 points per game, 6.3 less than the point total in this game.
Head to Head
San Antonio leads the season series 1-0 over New Orleans. The Spurs have a 1-0 record against the spread in games against the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has hit the over the majority of the time, in 38 of 69 games (55.1%).
- New Orleans holds a solid record against the spread this season, going 34-30-4 ATS.
- The Pelicans’ record against the spread as a 3-point favorite is above .500 at 13-8-1.
Spurs Betting Information
- San Antonio has a losing (28-36-2) record against the spread this season.
- When the Spurs are at least 3-point underdogs, they are 18-13-1 against the spread.
- San Antonio hit the over in 55.9% of its games (38 of 68 games).
Powered By Data Skrive