The Philadelphia 76ers (42-27) will look to leading scorer Joel Embiid (24.0 ppg) when they aim to knock off the Damian Lillard-led Portland Trail Blazers (32-39) on August 9, 2020. The 76ers are 3.5-point underdogs (per DraftKings) against the Trail Blazers. The game’s points total is 228.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 9, 2020, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs 76ers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 9
Trail Blazers: Rodney Hood: Out For Season (Achilles), Hassan Whiteside: Day To Day (Hip), Caleb Swanigan: Out (Personal), Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
76ers: Zhaire Smith: Out (Knee), Glenn Robinson III: Day To Day (Hip), Ben Simmons: Out (Knee), Ryan Broekhoff: Out (Personal)
Examining the Over/Under
- In 37 of 71 opportunities (52.1%) this year, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 228.5 points.
- In 20 of 69 opportunities (29%) this season, Philadelphia has combined with its opponents to score at least 228.5 points.
- The Trail Blazers’ average point total in matchups this season is 229.9, 1.4 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the 76ers this year is 10.7 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Trail Blazers and the 76ers combine to average 4.2 fewer points per game than the total of 228.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 223.4 points per game, 5.1 less than the over/under for this game.
Head to Head
Philadelphia leads the season series 1-0 over Portland. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in head-to-head meetings. The Trail Blazers and the 76ers have a 0-0-1 ATS record.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
|11/2/2019||76ers||Trail Blazers||-1||224||-113||-106||129-128 PHI*|
- 11/2/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic, Hassan Whiteside; 76ers: Joel Embiid
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has a losing 30-38-3 record against the spread this season.
- The Trail Blazers have not fared well as a 3.5-point favorite, going 12-14 against the spread when favored by 3.5 points.
- Portland has gone over the points total the majority of the time, in 39 of 71 games (54.9%).
76ers Betting Information
- Philadelphia hit the over in 50.7% of its games (35 of 69 games).
- Philadelphia has a losing (27-36-4) record against the spread this season.
- When the 76ers are at least 3.5-point underdogs, they’re 4-7 against the spread.
Trail Blazers Leaders
Powered By Data Skrive