The Portland Trail Blazers (32-38) will look to leading scorer Damian Lillard (29.1 ppg) when they aim to take down the Los Angeles Clippers (46-22) on August 8, 2020. The Trail Blazers are 4-point underdogs (per DraftKings) against the Clippers. The game’s points total is 234.0.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 8, 2020, 1:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 8
Clippers: Kawhi Leonard: Out (Rest), Patrick Beverley: Out (Calf), Montrezl Harrell: Out (Personal)
Trail Blazers: Rodney Hood: Out For Season (Achilles), Hassan Whiteside: Day To Day (Hip), Caleb Swanigan: Out (Personal), Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Examining the Over/Under
- The Clippers and their opponents have recorded more than 234 points in 36.8% of their outings this year (25 of 68 opportunities).
- Portland and its opponents have combined to score more than 234 points in 31 of 70 games (44.3%) this year.
- The Clippers and the Trail Blazers combine to average 3.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 234 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 225.1 points per game, 8.9 fewer than the point total in this game.
- The average total the Clippers have had set in matchups this season is 8.2 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Trail Blazers this season is 4.2 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Head to Head
Los Angeles leads the season series 2-0 over Portland. In games against the Trail Blazers, the Clippers have a 2-0 record against the spread.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite ML||Underdog ML||Result|
- 12/3/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic
- 11/7/2019 DNP – Clippers: Paul George; Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic
Clippers Betting Information
- Los Angeles holds a winning record against the spread this year, going 38-29 ATS.
- The Clippers’ record against the spread as a 4-point favorite is above .500 at 26-21.
- Los Angeles has covered the over/under less than half of the time, in 31 of 68 games (45.6%).
Trail Blazers Betting Information
- Portland has a losing (29-37-3) record against the spread this season.
- When the Trail Blazers are at least 4-point underdogs, they’re 9-14-2 against the spread.
- Portland hit the over in 52.9% of its games (37 of 70 games).
Trail Blazers Leaders
Powered By Data Skrive