Odds are against Rui Hachimura and the Washington Wizards (24-43), who are a 10.5-point underdog (per DraftKings) when they take the court against Joel Embiid and the Philadelphia 76ers (40-27) on August 5, 2020. A points total of 231.5 is set for the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 5, 2020, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Wizards Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 5
76ers: Zhaire Smith: Out (Knee), Glenn Robinson III: Day To Day (Hip), Mike Scott: Out (Knee), Ryan Broekhoff: Out (Personal)
Wizards: Gary Payton II: Out (Covid), Davis Bertans: Out (Undisclosed), John Wall Jr.: Out For Season (Left Torn Achilles), Bradley Beal: Out For Season (Shoulder), Garrison Mathews: Out (Personal)
Examining the Over/Under
- The 76ers’ average point total in outings this season is 218.1, 13.4 points less than the total in this game.
- Wizards games this season have averaged an over/under of 234.8 points, 3.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The 76ers and their opponents have combined to score more than 231.5 points in 25.4% of their outings this season (17 of 67 opportunities).
- Washington has combined with its opponents to score more than 231.5 points in 36 of 67 games (53.7%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 225.3 points per game, 6.2 fewer points than the total of 231.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.9 fewer points per game (227.6) than this game’s total of 231.5 points.
Head to Head
Philadelphia and Washington have split their matchups 1-1 this year. Neither team claims an advantage against the spread in head-to-head meetings, with the series tied at 1-1 ATS.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
- 12/21/2019 DNP – Wizards: Rui Hachimura, Jordan McRae, Thomas Bryant
- 12/5/2019 DNP – 76ers: Josh Richardson; Wizards: Jordan McRae, Thomas Bryant
76ers Betting Information
- Philadelphia holds a losing record against the spread this season, going 26-36-4 ATS.
- When they play as 10.5-point favorites, the 76ers have a record ATS of 2-5.
- Philadelphia typically hits the over, eclipsing the points total in 35 of 67 games (52.2%).
Wizards Betting Information
- Washington hit the over in a majority of its games this season: 37 of 67 games (55.2%).
- Washington has a sub-.500 record against the spread this season: 30-32-1.
- The Wizards have a losing record (5-7) when they’re at least 10.5-point underdogs.
|Troy Brown Jr.||64||10.0||5.4||2.5||1.2||0.1||0.8|
Powered By Data Skrive