Boston is an 8.5-point favorite (per DraftKings) against Brooklyn when the Jayson Tatum-led Celtics (44-23) and Caris LeVert’s Nets (32-35) meet on August 5, 2020.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 5, 2020, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Nets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 5
Celtics: Kemba Walker: Out (Rest)
Nets: DeAndre Jordan Jr.: Out (Covid), Kevin Durant: Out For Season (Achilles), Michael Beasley: Out For Season (Illness), Taurean Prince: Out (Covid), Joe Harris: Day To Day (Back), Jamal Crawford: Day To Day (Hamstring), Nicolas Claxton: Out For Season (Shoulder), Caris LeVert: Day To Day (Thigh), Spencer Dinwiddie: Out (Covid), Wilson Chandler: Out (Undisclosed), Kyrie Irving: Out For Season (Shoulder)
Head to Head
Brooklyn earned victory in two of its three matchups against Boston this year. The Nets have covered the spread more often than not against the Celtics, holding a 2-1 record ATS in head-to-head meetings.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
- 3/3/2020 DNP – Celtics: Jayson Tatum;Nets: Kyrie Irving
- 11/29/2019 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward;Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
- 11/27/2019 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward;Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston normally does not hit the over, only topping the points total in 31 of 67 games (46.3%).
- Boston has a 37-25-5 record against the spread this year.
- When they play as 8.5-point favorites, the Celtics have an ATS record of 8-6.
Nets Betting Information
- Brooklyn hit the over in just 47.8% of their games (32 of 67 games).
- Brooklyn has a winning record (34-33) against the spread this season.
- The Nets are .500 against the spread (3-3) when at least 8.5-point underdogs.
Powered By Data Skrive