Boston is just a 1-point favorite (per DraftKings) against Miami when the Celtics (44-22) and the Heat (42-25) meet on August 4, 2020 in a game expected to be a tight matchup. A points total of 126.7 has been set for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 4, 2020, 8:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Heat Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 4
Examining the Over/Under
- The average over/under the Celtics have had set in matchups this season is 93.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Heat games this year is 94.3 more points than the point total of 127 for this outing.
- The Celtics and their opponents have scored no less than 127 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 66 of 66 opportunities (100%) this season.
- Miami and its opponents have added up to score at least 127 points in 100% of their matchups this season (67 of 67 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 98.7 more points per game (225.4) than this game’s over/under of 127 points.
- The Celtics and the Heat have seen their opponents average a combined 89.4 more points per game than the over/under of 127 set for this game.
Head to Head
Boston has a 2-0 record in games with Miami this season. The Celtics have beat the spread more often than not against the Heat, holding a 2-0 record ATS in head-to-head meetings.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
- 1/28/2020 DNP – Celtics: Jayson Tatum; Heat: Kendrick Nunn
- 12/4/2019 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward, Marcus Smart; Heat: Goran Dragic
Celtics Betting Information
- Boston covered the spread more often than not this year, going 38-24-4 against the spread.
- The Celtics have fared well as a 1-point favorite, going 24-16-3 against the spread when favored by 1 point.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in just 47% of games (31 out of 66 matchups).
Heat Betting Information
- Miami has a winning record against the spread this season, 34-28-3.
- The Heat are 9-10-1 against the spread when at least 1-point underdogs.
- Miami has hit the over in 38 of 67 games this season (56.7%).
Powered By Data Skrive