Dallas is only a 1-point favorite (per DraftKings) against Houston when the Mavericks (40-27) and the Rockets (40-24) face off on July 31, 2020 in a game oddsmakers expect to be a tight matchup. A points total of 227.0 has been set for the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of July 30, 2020, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Rockets Betting Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Injury Report as of July 30
Mavericks: Dwight Powell: Out (Achilles) Courtney Lee: Out (Calf) Seth Curry: Questionable (Ankle) Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal) Dorian Finney-Smith: Questionable (Hip) Jalen Brunson: Out (Shoulder)
Rockets: Eric Gordon: Out (Ankle) DeMarre Carroll: Questionable (Hamstring) Thabo Sefolosha: Out (Personal) Austin Rivers: Probable (Personal) David Nwaba: Out (Achilles)
Examining the Over/Under
- The average point total in Mavericks games this year is 0.3 fewer points than the over/under of 227 in this matchup.
- The average total for Rockets games this year is 5.5 more points than the point total of 227 for this outing.
- In 33 of 67 opportunities (49.3%) this year, the Mavericks and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 227 points.
- In 40 of 64 games (62.5%) this season, Houston and its opponents have combined to score more than 227 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.5 more points per game (234.5) than this game’s total of 227 points.
- The Mavericks and the Rockets have seen their opponents average a combined 2.3 less points per game than the point total of 227 set for this matchup.
Head to Head
Dallas and Houston have a tied 1-1 record in head-to-head matchups this year. The Mavericks have beat the spread more often than not against the Rockets, holding a 2-0 record ATS in head-to-head meetings.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
Rockets: Clint Capela
Rockets: Eric Gordon
Mavericks Betting Information
- Dallas and its opponents have hit the over in 58.2% of games (39 out of 67 matchups).
- Dallas beat the spread more often than not this year, going 34-28-2 against the spread.
- The Mavericks have fared well as a 1-point favorite, going 26-20-2 against the spread when favored by 1 point.
Rockets Betting Information
- Against the spread this season, Houston is under .500: 29-31-1.
- When they’re at least 1-point underdogs, the Rockets are 7-3 against the spread.
- Houston has hit the over on the points total in 25 of 64 games this season (39.1%).
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||63||15.8||3.1||2.0||0.6||0.1||2.9|
Powered By Data Skrive