The Los Angeles Clippers (44-21) are a 5-point favorite (per DraftKings) against the New Orleans Pelicans (28-37) on August 1, 2020. A points total of 227.0 is set for the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of August 1, 2020, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of August 1
Clippers: Lou Williams: Questionable (Personal) Montrezl Harrell: Questionable (Personal) Amir Coffey: Questionable (Hip)
Pelicans: Darius Miller: Out (Achilles)
Examining the Over/Under
- The Clippers and their opponents have totaled at least 227 points — this matchup’s point total — in 28 of 65 outings (43.1%) this year.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score more than 227 points in 61.5% of their games this season (40 of 65 opportunities).
- The average over/under the Clippers have had set in matchups this season is 1.5 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Pelicans this year is 5.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Clippers and the Pelicans combine to average 5.0 more points per game than the over/under of 227 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 226.4 points per game, 0.6 less than the over/under in this matchup.
Head to Head
Los Angeles leads the season series 2-1 over New Orleans. The Pelicans have a 2-1 record against the spread in matchups with the Clippers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
- 1/18/2020 DNP – Clippers: Paul George; Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Jrue Holiday
- 11/24/2019 DNP – Clippers: Landry Shamet; Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- 11/14/2019 DNP – Clippers: Kawhi Leonard, Landry Shamet Pelicans: Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, Lonzo Ball
Clippers Betting Information
- Los Angeles holds a solid record against the spread this season, going 36-28 ATS.
- The Clippers’ record against the spread as a 5-point favorite is above .500 at 21-19.
- Los Angeles has gone over the points total less than half of the time, in 28 of 65 games (43.1%).
Pelicans Betting Information
- Against the spread this season, New Orleans has a winning record: 30-27-4.
- When the Pelicans are at least 5-point underdogs, they’re 7-10-3 against the spread.
- New Orleans hit the over in 52.3% of its games (34 of 65 games).
Powered By Data Skrive