The No. 5 seed Houston Cougars (30-5) are aiming to advance to the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament when they meet the No. 4 seed Illinois Fighting Illini (23-9) on Sunday at 12:10 PM. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cougars’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Fighting Illini ( ).
This article uses odds valid as of March 19, 2022 at 3:06 AM ET. Browse all the current odds for this outing in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Houston Vs Illinois Betting Lines
Houston Vs Illinois Stat Rankings
|Houston Avg. (Rank)||Illinois Avg. (Rank)|
|76.0 (50th)||Points Scored||75.1 (65th)|
|59.1 (3rd)||Points Allowed||67.2 (117th)|
|39.0 (23rd)||Rebounds||38.5 (35th)|
|13.3 (7th)||Off. Rebounds||11.5 (60th)|
|8.1 (109th)||3pt Made||9.0 (45th)|
|16.8 (17th)||Assists||15.3 (44th)|
|10.6 (310th)||Turnovers||11.4 (246th)|
Houston Vs Illinois Betting Trends
- Houston has covered the spread 23 times in 35 games.
- The Cougars are 21-11 as 4.5-point favorites or more.
- Out of 35 Houston games so far this season, 16 have gone over the total.
- Houston games have finished with more than 133.5 points 15 times so far this year.
- The over/under for this game is 133.5 points, 0.1 more than the average point total for Cougars games this season.
- Illinois is 13-19-0 against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have no wins ATS (0-1) as a 4.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Illinois has played 32 games this season, and 17 of them have gone over the total.
- Illinois’ games have finished with over 133.5 points scored 20 times this year.
- The average total for Fighting Illini games is 141.5 points, 8.0 more than this game’s over/under.
Houston Impact Players
- Kyler Edwards leads the Cougars at 13.9 points per game, while also posting 3.1 assists and 6.0 rebounds.
- Fabian White Jr. is posting 13.2 points, 1.2 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game.
- Jamal Shead averages a team-best 6.0 assists per contest. He is also putting up 9.5 points and 3.1 rebounds, shooting 40.8% from the field.
- Josh Carlton is tops on his team in rebounds per game (6.3), and also puts up 12.0 points and 0.9 assists. Defensively, he delivers 0.5 steals and 1.2 blocked shots.
- Taze Moore averages 10.2 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. At the other end, he posts 1.5 steals and 0.6 blocked shots.
Illinois Impact Players
- Kofi Cockburn paces the Fighting Illini in scoring (21.0 points per game) and rebounding (10.7), and posts 0.8 assists. He also puts up 0.8 steals and 1.0 block.
- Trent Frazier tops the Fighting Illini in assists (4.1 per game), and posts 11.7 points and 2.8 rebounds. He also puts up 1.3 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- The Fighting Illini get 14.8 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game from Alfonso Plummer.
- The Fighting Illini receive 9.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game from Jacob Grandison.
- The Fighting Illini receive 4.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game from Da’Monte Williams.