The No. 2 seed Villanova Wildcats (27-7) take to the court against the No. 7 seed Ohio State Buckeyes (20-11) with a Sweet 16 spot in the South Region of the bracket up for grabs on Sunday at PPG Paints Arena. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Wildcats’ (to win on the moneyline) game against the Buckeyes ( ).
The betting trends in the article below reference odds valid as of March 19, 2022 at 3:06 AM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Villanova Vs Ohio State Betting Lines
Villanova Vs Ohio State Stat Rankings
|Villanova Avg. (Rank)||Ohio State Avg. (Rank)|
|72.9 (122nd)||Points Scored||73.2 (113th)|
|63.0 (27th)||Points Allowed||67.6 (132nd)|
|34.9 (192nd)||Rebounds||34.5 (221st)|
|10.2 (152nd)||Off. Rebounds||8.7 (268th)|
|9.4 (27th)||3pt Made||7.9 (133rd)|
|12.2 (245th)||Assists||12.5 (214th)|
|9.4 (346th)||Turnovers||10.9 (289th)|
Villanova Vs Ohio State Betting Trends
- Villanova is 19-16-1 against the spread (ATS) this season.
- Against the spread as 5-point favorites or more, the Wildcats are 13-12.
- There have been 16 Villanova games (out of 34) that went over the total this year.
- In 20 games this season, Villanova and its opponent have combined to score more than 131.5 points.
- The total for this game is 131.5, 4.5 points fewer than the average total in Wildcats games thus far this season.
- Ohio State has 16 wins in 31 games against the spread this season.
- The Buckeyes have covered every time (2-0) as a 5-point underdog or more this year.
- Ohio State has played 31 games this season, and 18 of them have hit the over.
- Ohio State games have had over 131.5 points 23 times this season.
- The average total points scored in Buckeyes games this year (131.5) is 7.4 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Villanova Impact Players
- Justin Moore puts up 15.1 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest, shooting 40.3% from the field and 35.3% from downtown with 2.2 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Jermaine Samuels puts up a team-best 6.3 rebounds per contest. He is also averaging 10.5 points and 1.5 assists, shooting 45.3% from the floor.
- Eric Dixon paces his squad in rebounds per game (6.3), and also puts up 9.2 points and 1.3 assists. Defensively, he posts 0.8 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.
- Brandon Slater averages 9.0 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest, shooting 50.7% from the field.
Ohio State Impact Players
- E.J Liddell tops the Buckeyes in scoring (19.5 points per game) and rebounding (8.0), and averages 2.4 assists. He also averages 0.5 steals and 2.5 blocked shots.
- Malaki Branham gives the Buckeyes 13.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists per contest. He also puts up 0.8 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
- Jamari Wheeler is putting up a team-high 3.0 assists per contest. And he is contributing 7.3 points and 3.1 rebounds, making 46.3% of his shots from the field and 38.9% from beyond the arc, with 1.2 treys per contest.
- The Buckeyes receive 7.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 0.5 assists per game from Zed Key.
- Kyle Young gives the Buckeyes 8.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 assists per contest. He also averages 0.5 steals and 0.5 blocked shots.