The Charlotte Hornets (27-22) hit the court against the Los Angeles Lakers (24-25) on January 28, 2022. The Hornets (on the spread) and Lakers ( to win) play Friday at 7:30 PM ET. This contest has an over/under of .
The betting trends in the following article are based off odds valid as of January 28, 2022 at 7:03 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Hornets Vs Lakers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 28
Hornets: Gordon Hayward: Out (Health Protocols), Kelly Oubre Jr.: Out (Ankle)
Lakers: Anthony Davis: Out (Knee), LeBron James: Out (Knee), Russell Westbrook: Probable (Knee), Malik Monk: Out (Groin), Kendrick Nunn: Out (Health Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (+8)|
|Total Pick||Under (227.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Hornets Vs Lakers Stat Rankings
|Hornets Avg. (Rank)||Lakers Avg. (Rank)|
|114.9 (1st)||Points Scored||110.7 (10th)|
|114.6 (28th)||Points Allowed||112.2 (26th)|
|44.2 (19th)||Rebounds||44.7 (14th)|
|10.5 (9th)||Off. Rebounds||9.4 (23rd)|
|14.2 (3rd)||3pt Made||12.0 (16th)|
|27.3 (3rd)||Assists||24.0 (15th)|
|12.6 (6th)||Turnovers||14.3 (27th)|
Hornets Key Players
|Kelly Oubre Jr.||45||16.7||4.0||1.2||1.2||0.4||2.9|
Lakers Key Players
- Against the spread, Charlotte is 30-19-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 8-point favorites or more, the Hornets are 3-1.
- There have been 25 Charlotte games (out of 49) that went over the total this season.
- A total of 23 times so far this season, Charlotte and its opponent have combined to score more than 227.5 points.
- The over/under for this game is 227.5 points, 1.6 more than the average point total for Hornets games this season.
- Los Angeles has 20 wins in 49 games against the spread this season.
- The Lakers have covered every time (1-0) as a 8-point underdog or greater this year.
- Los Angeles has seen 27 of its 49 games go over the point total.
- There have been 21 Los Angeles games this year with more than 227.5 points scored.
- Lakers games average 221.5 total points, 6.0 fewer than the total for this matchup.