The Toledo Rockets (16-4, 8-1 MAC) will attempt to continue a seven-game winning streak when they host the Akron Zips (13-5, 6-2 MAC) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 28, 2022. The Zips have won four games in a row. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Rockets’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Zips ( ).
The betting insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of January 28, 2022 at 7:06 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this contest and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Toledo Vs Akron Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Toledo (-7.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (140)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Toledo Vs Akron Stat Rankings
|Toledo Avg. (Rank)||Akron Avg. (Rank)|
|80.2 (20th)||Points Scored||71.7 (174th)|
|67.9 (153rd)||Points Allowed||62.1 (30th)|
|40.3 (22nd)||Rebounds||36.5 (128th)|
|10.6 (144th)||Off. Rebounds||11.0 (117th)|
|7.1 (214th)||3pt Made||8.2 (122nd)|
|14.7 (94th)||Assists||12.3 (252nd)|
|11.0 (301st)||Turnovers||11.2 (288th)|
Toledo Vs Akron Betting Trends
- Against the spread (ATS), Toledo is 14-5-0 this year.
- The Rockets have an ATS record of 5-1 as 7.5-point favorites or more.
- Toledo has played 20 games this season, and seven of them have gone over the total.
- Toledo games have finished with more than 140 points 12 times so far this season.
- The over/under in this matchup is 140 points, 7.5 fewer than the average total in this season’s Rockets contests.
- Akron has beaten the spread eight times in 18 games.
- The Zips have one win ATS (1-1) as a 7.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- Akron has seen eight of its 18 games hit the over.
- Akron games have had over 140 points six times this season.
- Zips games average 137.7 total points, 2.3 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Toledo Impact Players
- Ryan Rollins is tops on the Rockets at 20.0 points per contest, while also averaging 3.6 assists and 5.9 rebounds.
- JT Shumate averages a team-leading 6.3 rebounds per contest. In addition, he’s posting 15.2 points and 2.0 assists, shooting 55.4% from the field and 48.8% from downtown with 2.0 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Rayj Dennis paces the Rockets at 3.7 assists per game, while also putting up 6.1 rebounds and 11.8 points.
- Setric Millner Jr is putting up 14.2 points, 1.6 assists and 6.0 rebounds per contest.
- Ra’Heim Moss averages 7.8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest, shooting 50.0% from the field.
Akron Impact Players
- Enrique Freeman tops the Zips in rebounding (10.8 per game), and puts up 12.2 points and 0.9 assists. He also delivers 0.3 steals and 1.1 blocked shots.
- Xavier Castaneda is posting a team-best 2.8 assists per contest. He’s also delivering 13.5 points and 3.8 rebounds, making 41.6% of his shots from the floor, and 39.0% from 3-point range resulting in 2.3 triples per contest.
- Ali Ali tops the Zips in scoring (14.1 points per game) and assists (2.6), and posts 3.0 rebounds. He also puts up 0.4 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Greg Tribble gives the Zips 6.8 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. He also averages 1.3 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. gets the Zips 11.1 points, 2.3 rebounds and 0.5 assists per game. He also delivers 0.8 steals and 0.0 blocked shots.