The Rice Owls (11-6, 4-2 C-USA) aim to build on a five-game home winning run when hosting the Charlotte 49ers (9-7, 2-2 C-USA) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 3:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Owls’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the 49ers ( ).
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2022 at 11:19 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this outing and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Rice Vs Charlotte Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Rice (-4.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (148.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Rice Vs Charlotte Stat Rankings
|Rice Avg. (Rank)||Charlotte Avg. (Rank)|
|77.2 (61st)||Points Scored||70.2 (217th)|
|74.1 (297th)||Points Allowed||72.1 (273rd)|
|37.5 (99th)||Rebounds||30.7 (346th)|
|9.1 (255th)||Off. Rebounds||6.8 (349th)|
|10.2 (18th)||3pt Made||7.6 (176th)|
|15.8 (55th)||Assists||13.4 (175th)|
|13.4 (101st)||Turnovers||10.7 (313th)|
Rice Vs Charlotte Betting Trends
- Rice’s record against the spread (ATS) is 12-4-0.
- The Owls have an ATS record of 4-2 as 4.5-point favorites or more.
- Rice has played 17 games this year, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- Rice games have finished with more than 148.5 points eight times so far this season.
- Owls games this season have posted an average total of 145.9, which is 2.6 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Charlotte’s record against the spread is 12-4-0.
- The 49ers are yet to lose ATS (4-0) as a 4.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- Charlotte has seen 10 of its 16 games go over the point total.
- Charlotte’s games have gone over 148.5 points on six occasions this year.
- 49ers games average 134.0 total points, 14.5 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Rice Impact Players
- Max Fiedler leads his squad in both rebounds (8.1) and assists (3.1) per game, and also posts 8.8 points. At the other end, he delivers 0.6 steals and 1.1 blocked shots.
- Carl Pierre is tops on the Owls with 15.6 points per game and 1.4 assists, while also putting up 4.6 rebounds.
- Travis Evee puts up 15.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. At the other end, he averages 0.9 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Quincy Olivari is posting 9.3 points, 2.1 assists and 5.0 rebounds per game.
- Chris Mullins is posting 9.7 points, 2.5 assists and 1.9 rebounds per contest.
Charlotte Impact Players
- Austin Butler leads the 49ers in rebounding (6.6 per game), and puts up 12.3 points and 1.5 assists. He also posts 0.8 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Clyde Trapp is putting up 9.6 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game, making 43.2% of his shots from the floor and 37.0% from 3-point range, with 1.3 triples per game.
- Aly Khalifa gives the 49ers 7.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. He also posts 0.6 steals and 0.9 blocked shots.
- The 49ers get 8.9 points, 1.6 rebounds and 0.4 assists per game from Robert Braswell.