The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-14, 1-4 SWAC) aim to snap a five-game home losing skid when hosting the Florida A&M Rattlers (4-11, 2-2 SWAC) on Monday, January 17, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Rattlers’ (to win on the moneyline) game with the Delta Devils ( ).
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of January 17, 2022 at 7:14 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Florida A&M Vs Mississippi Valley State Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Mississippi Valley State (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (143.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Florida A&M Vs Mississippi Valley State Stat Rankings
|Florida A&M Avg. (Rank)||Mississippi Valley State Avg. (Rank)|
|63.9 (323rd)||Points Scored||63.7 (325th)|
|70.9 (240th)||Points Allowed||86.7 (358th)|
|33.5 (279th)||Rebounds||31.0 (344th)|
|9.9 (199th)||Off. Rebounds||10.4 (164th)|
|4.1 (355th)||3pt Made||7.1 (209th)|
|11.9 (277th)||Assists||11.9 (277th)|
|12.3 (207th)||Turnovers||15.4 (16th)|
Florida A&M Vs Mississippi Valley State Betting Trends
- Florida A&M is 12-1-0 against the spread (ATS) this year.
- This season, six of Florida A&M’s 15 games have gone over the point total.
- Three times so far this year, Florida A&M and its opponent have combined to score more than 143.5 points.
- The over/under in this game is 143.5 points, 10.0 higher than the average total in Rattlers games this season.
- Mississippi Valley State is unbeaten against the spread this season.
- The Delta Devils are yet to lose ATS (14-0) as a 5.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Out of 15 Mississippi Valley State games so far this year, 11 have gone over the total.
- There have been nine Mississippi Valley State games this year with more than 143.5 points scored.
- The average total points scored in Delta Devils games this year (143.5) is 3.1 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Florida A&M Impact Players
- Bryce Moragne paces the Rattlers at 7.4 rebounds per game, while also posting 1.6 assists and 8.5 points.
- Darian Jones posts 8.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 0.7 assists per contest, shooting 47.6% from the field.
- Kamron Reaves puts up 7.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists per contest. Defensively, he puts up 1.5 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
- Jalen Speer posts 10.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.6 assists per contest, shooting 34.0% from the floor and 24.4% from downtown with 1.2 made 3-pointers per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Impact Players
- Robert Carpenter is averaging team highs in points (17.8 per game) and rebounds (4.9). And he is delivering 0.6 assists, making 38.7% of his shots from the field and 32.1% from beyond the arc, with 2.1 triples per contest.
- Caleb Hunter is putting up 12.2 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per contest, making 29.4% of his shots from the floor and 24.8% from beyond the arc, with 2.0 triples per contest.
- David McCoy gives the Delta Devils 5.9 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. He also posts 1.6 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Elijah Davis is averaging a team-leading 3.2 assists per game. And he is contributing 4.3 points and 2.5 rebounds, making 37.7% of his shots from the floor.
- The Delta Devils get 7.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 0.5 assists per game from Gary Grant.