The Alabama State Hornets (4-13, 2-2 SWAC) are welcoming in the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (4-10, 3-1 SWAC) for a matchup of SWAC rivals at Dunn-Oliver Acadome, tipping off at 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hornets’ (to win on the moneyline) game with the Bulldogs ( ).
This article uses betting data current as of January 15, 2022 at 3:36 PM ET. Find all the latest odds for this outing in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Alabama State Vs Alabama A&M Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Alabama State (-3.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (132.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Alabama State Vs Alabama A&M Stat Rankings
|Alabama State Avg. (Rank)||Alabama A&M Avg. (Rank)|
|67.8 (279th)||Points Scored||59.2 (348th)|
|76.8 (332nd)||Points Allowed||69.0 (191st)|
|34.5 (251st)||Rebounds||35.9 (183rd)|
|10.1 (192nd)||Off. Rebounds||10.6 (150th)|
|6.0 (301st)||3pt Made||4.1 (356th)|
|11.4 (303rd)||Assists||9.4 (354th)|
|16.6 (7th)||Turnovers||13.4 (106th)|
Alabama State Vs Alabama A&M Betting Trends
- Alabama State is 14-2-0 against the spread (ATS) this season.
- As a 3.5-point favorite or greater, the Hornets have one win ATS (1-1) this season.
- Out of 17 Alabama State games so far this season, seven have gone over the total.
- Alabama State games have finished with more than 132.5 points 11 times so far this season.
- Hornets games average 142.0 total points per game this season, 9.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Against the spread, Alabama A&M is 10-4-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Bulldogs are 9-1.
- This year, five of Alabama A&M’s 14 games have gone over the point total.
- There have been five Alabama A&M games this year with more than 132.5 points scored.
- Bulldogs games average 132.3 total points, 0.2 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Alabama State Impact Players
- Gerald Liddell leads the Hornets with 11.1 points per game and 1.7 assists, while also posting 4.6 rebounds.
- Kenny Strawbridge puts up 9.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists per contest, shooting 43.0% from the floor.
- Jordan O’Neal averages a team-leading 5.3 rebounds per game. He is also putting up 8.3 points and 0.8 assists, shooting 52.7% from the floor.
- Isaiah Range posts 8.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest, shooting 45.3% from the floor.
- DJ Jackson leads the Hornets at 2.5 assists per contest, while also averaging 2.8 rebounds and 5.2 points.
Alabama A&M Impact Players
- Jalen Johnson is posting team highs in points (14.7 per game) and rebounds (7.3). And he is delivering 0.8 assists, making 45.3% of his shots from the field.
- Garrett Hicks is averaging 14.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per contest, making 36.6% of his shots from the field and 35.3% from beyond the arc, with 2.1 treys per game.
- The Bulldogs receive 6.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game from EJ Williams.
- Dailin Smith is posting 7.4 points, 4.1 rebounds and 0.8 assists per contest, making 28.4% of his shots from the field.
- Cameron Tucker is putting up a team-best 3.8 assists per contest. And he is contributing 5.9 points and 3.3 rebounds, making 37.0% of his shots from the floor.