The Virginia Tech Hokies (8-7, 0-4 ACC) will try to halt a three-game losing skid when hosting the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-5, 4-1 ACC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Cassell Coliseum. This matchup is at 6:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hokies’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Fighting Irish ( ).
The insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of January 15, 2022 at 3:38 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Virginia Tech Vs Notre Dame Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Notre Dame (+6.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (131.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Virginia Tech Vs Notre Dame Stat Rankings
|Virginia Tech Avg. (Rank)||Notre Dame Avg. (Rank)|
|69.3 (247th)||Points Scored||70.9 (209th)|
|58.4 (10th)||Points Allowed||65.5 (99th)|
|33.1 (293rd)||Rebounds||34.0 (267th)|
|8.9 (266th)||Off. Rebounds||7.7 (329th)|
|8.5 (98th)||3pt Made||9.2 (58th)|
|13.9 (149th)||Assists||13.8 (158th)|
|10.7 (315th)||Turnovers||9.9 (336th)|
Virginia Tech Vs Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech is 10-5-0 against the spread (ATS) this year.
- Against the spread as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Hokies are 6-2.
- This year, five of Virginia Tech’s 15 games have gone over the point total.
- Virginia Tech’s games have had more than 131.5 points scored on six occasions this season.
- The total for this game is 131.5, 1.8 points fewer than the average total in Hokies games thus far this season.
- Notre Dame has seven wins in 15 games against the spread this year.
- Out of 15 Notre Dame games so far this season, seven have hit the over.
- So far this year, eight Notre Dame games have featured more than 131.5 points scored.
- The average total points scored in Fighting Irish games this year (131.5) is 5.6 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Virginia Tech Impact Players
- Keve Aluma paces his team in points per contest (15.7), and also posts 6.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists. At the other end, he posts 0.6 steals and 0.9 blocked shots.
- Justyn Mutts puts up a team-best 7.3 rebounds per game. He is also putting up 9.4 points and 2.7 assists, shooting 51.3% from the floor.
- Hunter Cattoor puts up 10.1 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. Defensively, he averages 1.2 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Nahiem Alleyne is averaging 9.7 points, 2.2 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Storm Murphy paces his squad in assists per contest (2.8), and also averages 8.7 points and 1.6 rebounds. Defensively, he puts up 0.3 steals and 0.0 blocked shots.
Notre Dame Impact Players
- Dane Goodwin is putting up a team-high 15.4 points per contest. And he is contributing 5.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists, making 49.7% of his shots from the floor and 45.7% from beyond the arc, with 2.1 triples per contest.
- The Fighting Irish get 11.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game from Paul Atkinson.
- The Fighting Irish receive 14.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game from Blake Wesley.
- Nate Laszewski is posting a team-high 7.4 rebounds per contest. And he is delivering 8.1 points and 0.9 assists, making 47.4% of his shots from the field and 44.8% from beyond the arc, with 1.7 treys per contest.
- Cormac Ryan is posting 8.4 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists per contest, making 40.8% of his shots from the floor and 36.1% from 3-point range, with 1.5 triples per contest.