The Mississippi State Bulldogs (11-4, 2-1 SEC) hope to build on a five-game home winning stretch when hosting the No. 24 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-5, 2-2 SEC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) game against the Crimson Tide ( ).
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 15, 2022 at 3:39 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Mississippi State Vs Alabama Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Alabama (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (152.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Mississippi State Vs Alabama Stat Rankings
|Mississippi State Avg. (Rank)||Alabama Avg. (Rank)|
|75.4 (104th)||Points Scored||82.1 (13th)|
|63.9 (64th)||Points Allowed||74.4 (301st)|
|38.3 (82nd)||Rebounds||40.4 (26th)|
|11.8 (66th)||Off. Rebounds||12.9 (29th)|
|6.2 (290th)||3pt Made||9.4 (49th)|
|14.9 (92nd)||Assists||14.8 (100th)|
|11.1 (290th)||Turnovers||12.9 (146th)|
Mississippi State Vs Alabama Betting Trends
- Mississippi State’s record against the spread (ATS) is 10-5-0.
- The Bulldogs’ ATS record as 1.5-point favorites or more is 8-5.
- Mississippi State has seen eight of its 15 games go over the point total.
- Mississippi State games have finished with more than 152.5 points four times so far this year.
- The over/under in this game is 152.5 points, 15.3 higher than the average total in Bulldogs games this season.
- Alabama is 6-10-0 against the spread this season.
- As a 1.5-point underdog or greater, the Crimson Tide have one win ATS (1-1) this season.
- Alabama has played 16 games this year, and 11 of them have hit the over.
- Alabama’s games have finished with over 152.5 points scored 10 times this season.
- The Crimson Tide average over/under is 152.5, which equals the total for this matchup.
Mississippi State Impact Players
- Shakeel Moore puts up 10.5 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game, shooting 43.7% from the floor and 37.7% from beyond the arc with 1.7 made 3-pointers per game.
- Garrison Brooks posts a team-best 6.7 rebounds per contest. He is also averaging 10.8 points and 0.7 assists, shooting 46.4% from the field.
- D.J Jeffries posts 10.7 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists per contest, shooting 42.1% from the field and 32.7% from beyond the arc with 1.2 made 3-pointers per game.
- Cameron Matthews puts up 4.4 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game. At the other end, he puts up 1.6 steals and 0.6 blocked shots.
Alabama Impact Players
- Keon Ellis leads the Crimson Tide in rebounding (6.3 per game), and puts up 12.1 points and 1.9 assists. He also delivers 1.9 steals and 0.6 blocked shots.
- Jahvon Quinerly is putting up a team-high 4.4 assists per game. And he is contributing 15.4 points and 3.6 rebounds, making 42.6% of his shots from the field and 25.3% from 3-point range, with 1.5 treys per contest.
- Jaden Shackelford is putting up team highs in points (16.1 per game) and assists (1.3). And he is delivering 5.9 rebounds, making 40.5% of his shots from the floor and 38.3% from beyond the arc, with 3.2 treys per contest.
- JD Davison is putting up 8.3 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists per contest, making 49.5% of his shots from the floor.
- Charles Bediako gives the Crimson Tide 6.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 0.8 assists per contest. He also averages 0.9 steals and 1.8 blocked shots.