The New Mexico State Aggies (14-2, 3-0 WAC) will try to build on a nine-game winning stretch when hosting the Abilene Christian Wildcats (11-5, 2-3 WAC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Pan American Center. This contest is at 6:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Aggies’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Wildcats ( ).
The betting facts in the following article reference odds valid as of January 15, 2022 at 3:37 PM ET. Check out the table below for the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
New Mexico State Vs Abilene Christian Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Abilene Christian (+8)|
|Total Pick||Under (141.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
New Mexico State Vs Abilene Christian Stat Rankings
|New Mexico State Avg. (Rank)||Abilene Christian Avg. (Rank)|
|76.9 (74th)||Points Scored||78.8 (41st)|
|67.4 (150th)||Points Allowed||63.6 (60th)|
|38.7 (64th)||Rebounds||33.2 (289th)|
|10.8 (139th)||Off. Rebounds||10.6 (150th)|
|8.4 (104th)||3pt Made||7.1 (211th)|
|15.4 (79th)||Assists||15.8 (60th)|
|13.1 (131st)||Turnovers||12.3 (209th)|
New Mexico State Vs Abilene Christian Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has beaten the spread seven times in 16 games.
- Against the spread as 8-point favorites or more, the Aggies are 3-2.
- New Mexico State has seen 10 of its 16 games go over the point total.
- Six times so far this season, New Mexico State and its opponent have combined to score more than 141.5 points.
- The over/under in this game is 141.5 points, 3.6 higher than the average total in Aggies games this season.
- Abilene Christian’s record against the spread is 10-2-0.
- The Wildcats have covered every time (2-0) as a 8-point underdog or greater this year.
- Out of 16 Abilene Christian games so far this season, five have gone over the total.
- Abilene Christian’s games have gone over 141.5 points on five occasions this year.
- Games involving the Wildcats this year have averaged 135.9 points per game, a 5.6-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
New Mexico State Impact Players
- Teddy Allen is tops on the Aggies with 17.4 points per game and 7.0 rebounds, while also putting up 2.8 assists.
- Jabari Rice paces his team in assists per game (3.4), and also puts up 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds. At the other end, he averages 0.8 steals and 0.4 blocked shots.
- William McNair is putting up 8.1 points, 1.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game.
- Johnny McCants posts 8.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. At the other end, he puts up 0.7 steals and 1.6 blocked shots.
- Marchelus Avery posts 5.3 points, 3.1 rebounds and 0.8 assists per contest. At the other end, he delivers 0.5 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
Abilene Christian Impact Players
- Airion Simmons is putting up a team-leading 5.4 rebounds per contest. And he is delivering 10.0 points and 1.8 assists, making 48.3% of his shots from the floor.
- Cameron Steele is posting 8.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest, making 47.9% of his shots from the floor and 32.0% from beyond the arc, with 1.0 triples per contest.
- Reggie Miller gets the Wildcats 6.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. He also delivers 1.9 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Mahki Morris gives the Wildcats 9.9 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. He also delivers 1.6 steals and 0.0 blocked shots.
- Damien Daniels is the Wildcats’ top assist man (3.3 per game), and he delivers 6.9 points and 2.2 rebounds.