The Southern Jaguars (10-7, 4-0 SWAC) will try to extend a four-game winning stretch when visiting the Grambling Tigers (5-12, 2-2 SWAC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center. This game is at 6:30 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Jaguars’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Tigers ( ).
The betting trends in this article use the latest odds as of January 15, 2022 at 7:04 PM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Southern Vs Grambling Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Southern (-3)|
|Total Pick||Under (139.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Southern Vs Grambling Stat Rankings
|Southern Avg. (Rank)||Grambling Avg. (Rank)|
|67.6 (284th)||Points Scored||58.8 (351st)|
|65.8 (107th)||Points Allowed||69.2 (198th)|
|28.2 (355th)||Rebounds||31.6 (333rd)|
|8.6 (279th)||Off. Rebounds||8.9 (266th)|
|6.5 (269th)||3pt Made||4.8 (349th)|
|12.3 (258th)||Assists||9.7 (349th)|
|12.6 (180th)||Turnovers||13.7 (89th)|
Southern Vs Grambling Betting Trends
- Southern’s record against the spread (ATS) is 13-1-1.
- The Jaguars have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 3-point favorite or more this season.
- There have been six Southern games (out of 17) that hit the over this season.
- Southern and its opponent have broken the 139.5-point mark eight times this season.
- Jaguars games average 140.5 total points per game this season, 1.0 point higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Grambling’s record against the spread is 13-3-0.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 11-1 as 3-point underdogs or greater.
- This year, seven of Grambling’s 17 games have hit the over.
- Grambling’s games have gone over 139.5 points on six occasions this season.
- Games involving the Tigers this year have averaged 138.5 points per game, a 1.0-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Southern Impact Players
- Jayden Saddler paces the Jaguars at 4.2 assists per contest, while also posting 3.6 rebounds and 11.7 points.
- Tyrone Lyons leads the Jaguars at 13.8 points per contest, while also posting 0.9 assists and 4.4 rebounds.
- Brion Whitley puts up 12.4 points, 1.9 rebounds and 0.5 assists per game, shooting 46.0% from the field and 41.4% from downtown with 2.6 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Terrell Williams Jr. is putting up 8.8 points, 1.4 assists and 3.0 rebounds per contest.
- Damien Sears paces the Jaguars at 5.3 rebounds per game, while also posting 0.4 assists and 4.8 points.
Grambling Impact Players
- Tra’Michael Moton is averaging a team-best 3.3 assists per contest. And he is producing 9.9 points and 3.9 rebounds, making 40.7% of his shots from the field.
- AJ Taylor is posting a team-high 6.3 rebounds per game. And he is producing 9.3 points and 0.4 assists, making 44.7% of his shots from the floor and 34.6% from beyond the arc, with 1.1 triples per contest.
- Cameron Christon is the Tigers’ top scorer (11.7 points per game) and assist man (1.1), and delivers 3.8 rebounds.
- The Tigers receive 9.7 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game from Danya Kingsby.
- Prince Moss gives the Tigers 6.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists per contest. He also averages 1.2 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.