The Drake Bulldogs (11-5, 2-1 MVC) will be attempting to build on a six-game home winning streak when squaring off against the Illinois State Redbirds (8-7, 1-1 MVC) on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at Knapp Center. It airs at 8:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ ( to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Redbirds ().
This article references lines valid as of January 12, 2022 at 7:22 PM ET. See all the up-to-date odds for this contest in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Drake Vs Illinois State Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Illinois State (+13)|
|Total Pick||Over (144)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Drake Vs Illinois State Stat Rankings
|Drake Avg. (Rank)||Illinois State Avg. (Rank)|
|74.6 (124th)||Points Scored||80.4 (25th)|
|64.0 (71st)||Points Allowed||77.9 (338th)|
|35.6 (195th)||Rebounds||37.5 (107th)|
|10.3 (178th)||Off. Rebounds||10.6 (152nd)|
|8.6 (92nd)||3pt Made||8.9 (74th)|
|12.1 (272nd)||Assists||13.2 (198th)|
|10.4 (324th)||Turnovers||15.0 (31st)|
Drake Vs Illinois State Betting Trends
- Drake has eight wins in 16 games against the spread (ATS) this season.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 4-4 as 13-point favorites or more.
- Out of 16 Drake games so far this season, eight have gone over the total.
- Drake and its opponent have broken the 144-point mark five times this season.
- The over/under in this game is 144 points, 3.7 higher than the average total in Bulldogs games this season.
- Illinois State’s record against the spread is 11-2-1.
- The Redbirds are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 13-point underdog or more this year.
- Illinois State has played 15 games this season, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- Illinois State games have had over 144 points 11 times this season.
- Games involving the Redbirds this year have averaged 143.2 points per game, a 0.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Drake Impact Players
- Tucker DeVries is tops on his squad in both points (13.0) and assists (1.6) per game, and also puts up 4.7 rebounds. Defensively, he averages 1.0 steal and 0.8 blocked shots.
- Garrett Sturtz is tops on his team in rebounds per game (7.1), and also puts up 9.8 points and 1.4 assists. Defensively, he delivers 1.2 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
- Tremell Murphy is posting 10.1 points, 0.9 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game.
- Shanquan Hemphill posts 9.4 points, 4.8 rebounds and 0.5 assists per contest. Defensively, he delivers 0.9 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
- D.J. Wilkins leads the Bulldogs at 2.3 assists per game, while also averaging 1.6 rebounds and 9.4 points.
Illinois State Impact Players
- Antonio Reeves is the Redbirds’ top scorer (21.1 points per game), and he posts 1.9 assists and 4.3 rebounds. His scoring average ranks him eighth in college basketball.
- Sy Chatman is the Redbirds’ top rebounder (6.5 per game), and he contributes 15.4 points and 0.7 assists.
- The Redbirds get 13.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game from Josiah Strong.
- Kendall Lewis gets the Redbirds 9.1 points, 5.6 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game. He also posts 1.1 steals and 1.1 blocked shots.
- Mark Freeman is averaging a team-best 3.9 assists per game. And he is producing 9.5 points and 2.6 rebounds, making 41.8% of his shots from the floor.