Two sliding teams hit the court when the Northwestern Wildcats (8-5, 1-3 Big Ten) host the Maryland Terrapins (8-7, 0-4 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The Wildcats will aim to break a three-game losing run versus the Terrapins, losers of three in a row. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Wildcats’ ( to win on the moneyline) game versus the Terrapins ().
This article refers to odds current as of January 12, 2022 at 7:27 PM ET. See all the current odds for this outing in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Northwestern Vs Maryland Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Northwestern (-5.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (140.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Northwestern Vs Maryland Stat Rankings
|Northwestern Avg. (Rank)||Maryland Avg. (Rank)|
|78.0 (57th)||Points Scored||70.1 (234th)|
|65.4 (100th)||Points Allowed||67.7 (156th)|
|37.6 (105th)||Rebounds||37.9 (93rd)|
|9.6 (223rd)||Off. Rebounds||9.6 (223rd)|
|8.3 (120th)||3pt Made||6.1 (295th)|
|18.5 (11th)||Assists||12.1 (272nd)|
|8.8 (352nd)||Turnovers||11.7 (263rd)|
Northwestern Vs Maryland Betting Trends
- Northwestern has eight wins in 13 games against the spread (ATS) this year.
- The Wildcats’ ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 4-4.
- Northwestern has seen eight of its 13 games go over the point total.
- Seven times so far this season, Northwestern and its opponent have combined for more than 140.5 points.
- The over/under for this game is 140.5 points, 1.3 more than the average point total for Wildcats games this season.
- Maryland’s record against the spread is 5-9-1.
- The Terrapins have covered every time (3-0) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Out of 15 Maryland games so far this season, six have hit the over.
- Maryland games have had over 140.5 points four times this year.
- The over/under for this game is 2.2 points higher than the average scoring total for Terrapins games (138.3).
Northwestern Impact Players
- Pete Nance paces his team in both points (16.2) and rebounds (7.2) per game, and also averages 2.7 assists. Defensively, he posts 0.5 steals and 1.7 blocked shots.
- Boo Buie paces the Wildcats at 5.9 assists per contest, while also putting up 2.2 rebounds and 14.9 points.
- Ryan Young is putting up 9.8 points, 0.9 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Ty Berry posts 9.5 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest, shooting 45.7% from the floor and 48.4% from downtown with 2.3 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Robbie Beran posts 5.9 points, 4.4 rebounds and 0.9 assists per contest. At the other end, he puts up 1.0 steal and 0.7 blocked shots.
Maryland Impact Players
- Eric Ayala is putting up a team-leading 15.5 points per contest. And he is delivering 4.7 rebounds and 2.2 assists, making 39.9% of his shots from the field and 36.4% from 3-point range, with 2.4 triples per contest.
- Donta Scott is putting up a team-high 6.9 rebounds per contest. And he is producing 11.6 points and 1.0 assists, making 42.0% of his shots from the field and 29.0% from 3-point range, with 1.2 treys per game.
- Daron Russell is the Terrapins’ top assist man (3.9 per game), and he produces 12.5 points and 3.7 rebounds.
- The Terrapins receive 9.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game from Hakim Hart.
- Qudus Wahab gets the Terrapins 9.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 0.6 assists per game. He also puts up 0.2 steals and 0.9 blocked shots.