The New York Giants (4-11) will try to stop their four-game losing run in a Week 17 battle with the Chicago Bears (5-10). The Bears ( ) welcome the Giants ( to win on the moneyline) on January 2, 2022 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS. The contest’s total is currently listed at .
The betting insights in what follows use the latest odds as of January 2, 2022 at 12:51 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Bears Vs Giants Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Giants (+6.5)||Over (37)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||17.7 (28)||16.5 (30)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||24.9 (24)||24.3 (21)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.0 (24)||4.9 (28)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.4 (13)||5.4 (13)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||25 (27)||23 (24)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||12 (30)||20 (13)|
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago has five wins in 15 games against the spread this season.
- Chicago has seen six of its 15 games hit the over.
- Chicago and its opponent have broken the 37-point mark 11 times this year.
- The average total for Bears games this season has been 43.4, 6.4 points higher than the total for this game.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Giants Betting Insights
- New York is 6-9-0 against the spread this year.
- The Giants have two wins ATS (2-7) as a 6.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- There have been five New York games (out of 15) that went over the total this season.
- So far this season, 10 New York games have featured more than 37 points scored.
- The average total for Giants games is 45.4 points, 8.4 more than this game’s over/under.
Bears Players to Watch
- Justin Fields has been a dual threat to lead Chicago in both passing and rushing. He has 1,870 passing yards, completing 58.9% of his passes and throwing seven touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 420 yards (28.0 ypg) on 72 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- David Montgomery has racked up 713 yards on 183 carries while finding the end zone five times as a runner. He’s also caught 38 passes for 277 yards (25.2 per game).
- Darnell Mooney’s team-high 860 yards as a receiver have come on 62 catches (out of 111 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Cole Kmet has hauled in 53 receptions totaling 539 yards so far this campaign.
- Allen Robinson II has hauled in 32 catches for 353 yards, an average of 23.5 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- Robert Quinn leads the team with 17.0 sacks, and also has 17.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- Roquan Smith has 149 tackles, 11.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Giants Players to Watch
- Mike Glennon leads New York with 766 yards on 86-of-156 passing with four touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Devontae Booker, has carried the ball 119 times for 533 yards (35.5 per game) with two touchdowns. He’s also caught 36 passes for 256 yards and one touchdown.
- Saquon Barkley has collected 461 yards (on 130 carries) with two touchdowns, while also grabbing 38 passes for 244 yards and two touchdowns.
- Kenny Golladay’s 499 receiving yards (33.3 yards per game) are a team high. He has 34 receptions on 70 targets.
- Kadarius Toney has caught 39 passes and compiled 420 receiving yards (28.0 per game).
- Evan Engram’s 44 grabs (on 66 targets) have netted him 392 yards (26.1 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Azeez Ojulari has 8.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 8.0 TFL and 45 tackles.
- New York’s top-tackler, Tae Crowder, has 112 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- Xavier McKinney leads the team with five interceptions, while also recording 79 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from