The Los Angeles Chargers (8-6) and Houston Texans (3-11) will meet in a Week 16 matchup. The Texans ( on the moneyline to win) and the Chargers ( ) take to the field on December 26, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS. Oddsmakers have installed a total of points for the matchup.
The betting trends in the following article reference odds valid as of December 26, 2021 at 12:51 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Chargers Vs Texans Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Texans (+13.5)||Over (45.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||27.1 (9)||14.8 (31)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||26.4 (27)||26.6 (29)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.9 (4)||4.5 (32)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.5 (19)||5.8 (27)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||17 (10)||21 (20)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||20 (11)||21 (9)|
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- There have been seven Los Angeles games (out of 14) that hit the over this year.
- In nine games this year, Los Angeles and its opponent have combined to score more than 45.5 points.
- The average total for Chargers games this season has been 50.0, 4.5 points higher than the total for this game.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has beaten the spread six times in 14 games.
- The Texans have two wins ATS (2-2) as a 13.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- This season, six of Houston’s 14 games have hit the over.
- Houston’s games have gone over 45.5 points on six occasions this year.
- Texans games average 44.8 total points, 0.7 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has thrown for 4,058 yards, completing 66.4% of his passes and tossing 32 touchdowns and 12 interceptions this season. He’s also run for 284 yards (20.3 ypg) on 53 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Justin Jackson has been handed the ball 42 times this year and racked up 239 yards (17.1 per game).
- Keenan Allen’s team-high 1,007 yards as a receiver have come on 92 catches (out of 134 targets) with five touchdowns.
- Jared Cook has put together a 440-yard season so far with four touchdowns, hauling in 41 passes on 71 targets.
- Josh Palmer has been the target of 29 passes and racked up 21 receptions for 249 yards, an average of 17.8 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 4.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL, 25 tackles, and one interception.
- Kyzir White has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 115 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions so far.
Texans Players to Watch
- Davis Mills leads Houston with 1,946 yards on 198-of-302 passing with 10 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Rex Burkhead, has carried the ball 72 times for 207 yards (14.8 per game) with one touchdown.
- David Johnson is a key figure in this offense, with 200 rushing yards on 62 carries and a team-high 217 receiving yards (15.5 per game) on 29 catches with one touchdown
- Nico Collins’ 311 receiving yards (28.3 yards per game) are a team high. He has 25 receptions on 44 targets.
- Chris Conley has 18 receptions (on 32 targets) for a total of 265 yards (18.9 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Jonathan Greenard leads the team with 8.0 sacks, and also has 9.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Houston’s top-tackler, Christian Kirksey, has 73 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- Desmond King II has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 69 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended to his name.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from