The Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl will see the Appalachian State Mountaineers battle the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. The Hilltoppers ( on the moneyline to win) will look for a win when action begins against the Mountaineers (on the spread) on December 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM ET on ESPN. The total for the contest is set at points.
This article references betting data current as of December 18, 2021 at 9:23 AM ET. Find all the up-to-date odds for this contest in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Appalachian State Vs. Western Kentucky Odds
|Appalachian State (-3)||Under (67)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|Appalachian State||Stats (Rank)||Western Kentucky|
|34.2 (23)||Points Per Game||43.1 (2)|
|19.3 (16)||Points Per Game Against||28.7 (90)|
|240.7 (54)||Pass Yards||349.8 (6)|
|206.6 (35)||Pass Yards Against||230.5 (78)|
|187.9 (34)||Rush Yards||66.4 (129)|
|112.4 (17)||Rush Yards Against||139.6 (56)|
|13 (77)||Giveaways||11 (50)|
|11 (49)||Takeaways||17 (6)|
Appalachian State Vs. Western Kentucky Betting Insights
Appalachian State Stats And Trends
- Appalachian State has beaten the spread eight times in 13 games.
- Against the spread as 3-point favorites or more, the Mountaineers are 6-4.
- There have been five Appalachian State games (out of 13) that hit the over this year.
- Appalachian State and its opponent have combined for more than 67 points just once this season.
- The over/under for this game is 67 points, 11.0 more than the average point total for Mountaineers games this season.
Western Kentucky Stats And Trends
- Western Kentucky is 10-3-0 against the spread this season.
- As a 3-point underdog or more, the Hilltoppers have two wins ATS (2-1).
- This year, nine of Western Kentucky’s 13 games have hit the over.
- Western Kentucky’s games have gone over 67 points on eight occasions this season.
- Games involving the Hilltoppers this year have averaged 66.7 points per game, a 0.3-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Appalachian State Players To Watch
- Chase Brice has thrown for 3,020 yards (232.3 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 61.9% of his passes and tossing 23 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 175 rushing yards (13.5 ypg) on 65 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Nathaniel Noel, has carried the ball 196 times for 1,078 yards (82.9 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Camerun Peoples has rushed for 825 yards (75.0 per game) on 153 carries with 14 touchdowns.
- Corey Sutton’s 904 receiving yards (69.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 61 receptions with seven touchdowns.
- Malik Williams has grabbed 51 passes for 783 yards (60.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Thomas Hennigan’s 55 catches are good enough for 776 yards (59.7 ypg) and six touchdowns.
Western Kentucky Players To Watch
- Bailey Zappe has thrown for 4,442 yards (341.7 ypg) to lead Western Kentucky, completing 69.6% of his passes and collecting 45 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- Noah Whittington has carried the ball 65 times for a team-high 319 yards (31.9 per game) this year.
- This season Adam Cofield has rushed for 259 yards (21.6 per game) on 57 carries with three touchdowns.
- Jarreth Sterns’ 1,486 receiving yards (123.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 109 receptions and 11 touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has caught 58 passes for 1,016 yards (84.7 yards per game) and 10 touchdowns this year.
- Daewood Davis’ 29 grabs have netted him 492 yards (44.7 ypg) and five touchdowns.