The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (7-4, 6-1 C-USA) will try to keep their six-game winning run alive in battle against the Marshall Thundering Herd (7-4, 5-2 C-USA). The Thundering Herd, listed aton the spread, take to their home field on November 27, 2021 at 3:30 PM ET on CBS Sports against the Hilltoppers, moneyline odds to win. The game’s point total is currently set at .
This article makes reference to odds valid as of November 27, 2021 at 3:26 PM ET. See all the up-to-date odds for this contest in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Marshall Vs. Western Kentucky Odds
|Marshall (-1)||Under (74.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|Marshall||Stats (Rank)||Western Kentucky|
|35.2 (24)||Points Per Game||42.4 (5)|
|20.0 (20)||Points Per Game Against||27.5 (80)|
|290.4 (16)||Pass Yards||360.9 (6)|
|178.0 (12)||Pass Yards Against||249.5 (106)|
|147.2 (75)||Rush Yards||79.3 (124)|
|172.7 (99)||Rush Yards Against||136.3 (52)|
|13 (84)||Giveaways||9 (35)|
|10 (59)||Takeaways||17 (4)|
Marshall Vs. Western Kentucky Betting Insights
Marshall Stats And Trends
- Marshall has beaten the spread six times in 11 games.
- The Thundering Herd are 5-5 as 1-point favorites or more.
- Out of 11 Marshall games so far this season, six have gone over the total.
- Marshall and its opponent have combined to score more than 74.5 points only two times this year.
- The over/under in this game is 74.5 points, 15.5 higher than the average total in Thundering Herd games this season.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
Marshall holds a 4-0 advantage over Western Kentucky in the past four matchups between these two squads. Marshall has had the scoring advantage in those four matchups, totaling 114 points while Western Kentucky notched 77.
Western Kentucky Stats And Trends
- Western Kentucky’s record against the spread is 8-2-0.
- The Hilltoppers have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 1-point underdog or more this year.
- This year, seven of Western Kentucky’s 11 games have hit the over.
- Western Kentucky games have finished with over 74.5 points only two times this year.
- The over/under for this game is 8.2 points higher than the average scoring total for Hilltoppers games (66.3).
Marshall Players To Watch
- Grant Wells has 2,900 passing yards (290.0 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 66.8% of his passes and throwing 14 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Rasheen Ali, has carried the ball 187 times for 1,029 yards (102.9 per game), with 17 touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 31 passes for 264 yards (26.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Sheldon Evans has rushed for 259 yards (25.9 per game) on 58 carries with five touchdowns.
- Corey Gammage’s team-leading 694 receiving yards (69.4 yards per game) have come on 55 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Willie Johnson has recorded 549 receiving yards (54.9 yards per game) and three touchdowns, reeling in 27 passes this year.
- Xavier Gaines’ 35 grabs have netted him 423 yards (42.3 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Western Kentucky Players To Watch
- Bailey Zappe has 3,865 passing yards (351.4 ypg) to lead Western Kentucky, completing 70.8% of his passes and throwing 41 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- Noah Whittington has carried the ball 61 times for a team-high 304 yards (38.0 per game) this year.
- This season Adam Cofield has piled up 259 yards (23.5 per game) on 57 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Jarreth Sterns’ team-leading 1,307 receiving yards (118.8 yards per game) have come on 99 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has grabbed 49 passes for 843 yards (84.3 yards per game) and eight touchdowns this year.
- Daewood Davis’ 26 receptions have netted him 437 yards (43.7 ypg) and five touchdowns.