The Appalachian State Mountaineers (0-0) go up against the Iona Gaels (0-0) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at Hynes Athletic Center. It starts at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Gaels’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Mountaineers ( ).
The insights in this article reference odds valid as of November 9, 2021 at 7:21 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Iona Vs Appalachian State Betting Lines
Iona Vs Appalachian State Stat Rankings (2020-21)
|Iona Avg. (Rank)||Appalachian State Avg. (Rank)|
|71.3 (169th)||Points Scored||69.9 (210th)|
|66.1 (58th)||Points Allowed||64.3 (38th)|
|36.7 (96th)||Rebounds||35.5 (156th)|
|10.7 (105th)||Off. Rebounds||11.1 (83rd)|
|7.3 (167th)||3pt Made||8.1 (94th)|
|14.3 (95th)||Assists||11.6 (281st)|
|16.3 (7th)||Turnovers||10.7 (303rd)|
Iona Vs Appalachian State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Iona was 15-5-1 last year.
- The Gaels had an ATS record of 3-4-1 as 5.5-point favorites or more last year.
- Out of 18 Iona games last season, 10 went over the total.
- In nine games last year, Iona and its opponent combined for more than 137.5 points.
- The point total average for Gaels games last season was 138.9, 1.4 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Appalachian State was 14-13-1 against the spread last season.
- As a 5.5-point underdog or greater, the Mountaineers had one win ATS (1-2-1) last year.
- Appalachian State had 13 of its 28 games go over the point total last season.
- Last year, 10 Appalachian State games featured over 137.5 points scored.
- The over/under for this game is 2.7 points higher than the average scoring total for Mountaineers games last season (134.8).
Iona Impact Players
- Isaiah Ross paced his squad in points per game (18.4) last season, and also averaged 3.9 rebounds and 1.4 assists. At the other end, he delivered 1.4 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Nelly Junior Joseph posted a team-best 7.5 rebounds per game last season. He also averaged 11.1 points and 1.3 assists, shooting 59.6% from the floor.
- Berrick JeanLouis posted 8.1 points, 1.7 assists and 5.4 rebounds per contest last year.
- Dylan van Eyck put up 7.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game last season, shooting 43.1% from the floor.
- Asante Gist led the Gaels at 3.6 assists per game last season, while also averaging 2.0 rebounds and 13.4 points.
Appalachian State Impact Players
- Justin Forrest put up 13.4 points per game last season to go with 3.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
- Donovan Gregory averaged 6.1 boards per game and Michael Almonacy dished out 2.8 assists per game.
- Almonacy made 2.5 threes per game a season ago.
- Gregory averaged 1.9 takeaways per game, while James Lewis compiled 0.8 rejections per contest.