The No. 11 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-1) hit the field against the North Carolina Tar Heels (4-3) in college football action at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana. The Tar Heels, withmoneyline odds to win, take to the road against the Fighting Irish, listed at on the spread, on October 30, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on NBC. The total for the matchup is set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 30, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Notre Dame Vs. North Carolina Odds
|Notre Dame (-3.5)||Under (61.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|Notre Dame||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina|
|31.0 (48)||Points Per Game||36.9 (19)|
|23.1 (52)||Points Per Game Against||28.9 (91)|
|262.3 (35)||Pass Yards||272.1 (26)|
|244.7 (95)||Pass Yards Against||219.7 (61)|
|108.6 (112)||Rush Yards||199.0 (32)|
|125.7 (39)||Rush Yards Against||158.9 (81)|
|8 (64)||Giveaways||9 (82)|
|13 (4)||Takeaways||8 (46)|
Notre Dame Vs. North Carolina Betting Insights
Notre Dame Stats And Trends
- Notre Dame is 4-3-0 against the spread this season.
- As a 3.5-point favorite or greater, the Fighting Irish have two wins ATS (2-2).
- This season, four of Notre Dame’s seven games have hit the over.
- Notre Dame and its opponent have scored more than 61.5 points combined just once this year.
- Fighting Irish games this season have posted an average total of 53.0, which is 8.5 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
Notre Dame has an edge against North Carolina over the last two meetings between these two squads, putting together a 2-0 record in those games. Notre Dame outscored North Carolina 64-27 in those two head-to-head matchups.
North Carolina Stats And Trends
- North Carolina’s record against the spread is 3-4-0.
- North Carolina has played seven games this year, and four of them have hit the over.
- North Carolina’s games have finished with over 61.5 points scored four times this season.
- This season, Tar Heels games have resulted in an average scoring total of 66.4, which is 4.9 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Notre Dame Players To Watch
- Jack Coan has thrown for 1,397 yards (199.6 ypg) to lead Notre Dame, completing 63.5% of his passes and collecting 11 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Kyren Williams has carried the ball 121 times for a team-high 508 yards (72.6 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 25 catches for 242 yards (34.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- This season Tyler Buchner has rushed for 178 yards (35.6 per game) on 29 carries with two touchdowns.
- Michael Mayer’s 414 receiving yards (69.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 37 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Kevin Austin Jr. has racked up 356 receiving yards (59.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 22 passes this year.
- Avery Davis has hauled in 20 catches for 317 yards (52.8 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
North Carolina Players To Watch
- Sam Howell has thrown for 1,851 yards (264.4 ypg) to lead North Carolina, completing 61.1% of his passes and recording 18 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also run for 494 yards (70.6 ypg) on 96 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Ty Chandler’s team-high 588 rushing yards (84.0 per game) have come on 106 carries, with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also added seven catches for 140 yards (20.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Josh Downs’ 837 receiving yards (119.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 60 receptions with eight touchdowns.
- Antoine Green has collected 253 receiving yards (36.1 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 11 passes this year.
- Emery Simmons’ 11 catches this season have resulted in 243 yards (48.6 ypg) and one touchdown.