The Detroit Lions (0-5) will attempt to halt their five-game losing run versus the Cincinnati Bengals (3-2) in Week 6. The Lions ( on the moneyline to win) serve as host on October 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on FOX against the Bengals ( ). A total of points has been set for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 17, 2021, 12:49 PM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Bengals Vs Lions Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Lions (+3.5)||Under (46)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||22.8 (18)||19.6 (25)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||20.0 (7)||27.6 (23)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.9 (11)||5.1 (26)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.3 (8)||6.5 (31)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (21)||7 (21)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (18)||6 (11)|
Bengals Betting Insights
- Cincinnati has won twice against the spread this year.
- The Bengals are winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites this year.
- One of Cincinnati’s five games has hit the over.
- On two occasions this year has Cincinnati and its opponent combined for more than 46 points.
- The over/under in this game is 46 points, 0.2 higher than the average total in Bengals games this season.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit’s record against the spread is 3-2-0.
- The Lions are 3-1 as 3.5-point favorites or greater.
- Detroit has had two games (out of five) hit the over this year.
- Detroit games have finished with over 46 points twice this season.
- The average total points scored in Lions games this year (46) is 1.7 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Bengals Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow has thrown for 1,269 yards, completing 71.7% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdowns and six interceptions this season. He’s also run for 24 yards (4.8 ypg) on 12 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Joe Mixon, has carried the ball 93 times for 386 yards (77.2 per game), scoring three times.
- Ja’Marr Chase’s leads his squad with 456 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 23 catches (out of 35 targets) and scored five touchdowns.
- Tyler Boyd has caught 27 passes for 283 yards (56.6 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Tee Higgins’ 15 grabs have yielded 150 yards and two touchdowns.
- Trey Hendrickson leads the team with 4.5 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Logan Wilson has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 47 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three interceptions so far.
Lions Players to Watch
- Jared Goff has compiled 1,303 yards (260.6 ypg) while completing 66.8% of his passes and tossing seven touchdown passes with three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 72 yards .
- The team’s top rusher, Jamaal Williams, has carried the ball 55 times for 244 yards (48.8 per game) with two touchdowns. He’s also caught 15 passes for 101 yards.
- D’Andre Swift is a key figure in this offense, with 190 rushing yards on 52 carries with two touchdowns and a team-high 252 receiving yards (50.4 per game) on 29 catches with one touchdown
- T.J. Hockenson has 24 receptions (on 33 targets) for a total of 237 yards (47.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Kalif Raymond has racked up 182 reciving yards (36.4 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Charles Harris has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Detroit’s top-tackler, Alex Anzalone, has 30 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception this year.
- Amani Oruwariye has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 20 tackles and three passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from