The Dallas Cowboys (4-1) will look to extend their four-game winning run versus the New England Patriots (2-3) in Week 6. The Patriots ( on the moneyline to win) will play host to the Cowboys ( ) on October 17, 2021 at 4:25 PM ET on CBS. A total of has been set for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 17, 2021, 3:49 PM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Cowboys Vs Patriots Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Cowboys (-4)||Under (50)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||34.0 (3)||19.2 (26)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||23.4 (14)||18.4 (5)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||6.5 (3)||5.1 (26)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||6.3 (28)||5.1 (4)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (8)||9 (29)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||12 (2)||6 (11)|
Cowboys Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Dallas is 5-0-0 this season.
- The Cowboys have covered every time (2-0) as a 4-point favorite or greater this year.
- There have been four Dallas games (out of five) that went over the total this season.
- Dallas games have finished with more than 50 points four times so far this season.
- The point total average for Cowboys games this season is 52.5, 2.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Patriots Betting Insights
- New England has won twice against the spread this season.
- The Patriots are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 4-point favorite or more this season.
- One New England game (out of five) has gone over the point total this year.
- Not one of New England’s games has finished with more than 50 combined points scored.
- Patriots games average 43.6 total points, 6.4 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Cowboys Players to Watch
- Dak Prescott has 1,368 yards passing for Dallas, completing 73.9% of his passes and recording 13 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 60 rushing yards (12.0 ypg) on 19 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Ezekiel Elliott, has carried the ball 85 times for 452 yards (90.4 per game), scoring five times.
- Tony Pollard has been handed the ball 51 times this year and racked up 325 yards (65.0 per game) with one touchdown. He’s also helped out in the pass game with 12 grabs for 93 yards
- CeeDee Lamb’s team-high 348 yards as a receiver have come on 24 receptions (out of 38 targets) with two touchdowns.
- Amari Cooper has put together a 318-yard season so far with four touchdowns, reeling in 25 passes on 34 targets.
- Dalton Schultz has a total of 280 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 26 passes and scoring three touchdowns.
- Micah Parsons has 2.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Jayron Kearse, Dallas’ leading tackler, has 35 tackles and 3.0 TFL this year.
- Trevon Diggs has picked off a team-high six passes. He also has 18 tackles and 10 passes defended to his name.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones has thrown for 1,243 yards (248.6 ypg) to lead New England, completing 71.1% of his passes and recording five touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He is also the team’s top rusher, racking up 30 yards (6.0 ypg) on eight carries.
- Damien Harris has rushed for 230 yards on 63 carries so far this year while scoring two times on the ground.
- Jakobi Meyers has registered 31 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 302 (60.4 yards per game). He’s been targeted 46 times and has .
- Hunter Henry has 20 receptions (on 26 targets) for a total of 216 yards (43.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Kendrick Bourne has racked up 207 reciving yards (41.4 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Matthew Judon paces the team with 6.5 sacks, and also has 8.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Kyle Dugger is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s totaled 31 tackles and 4.0 TFL.
- J.C. Jackson has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 22 tackles and five passes defended to his name.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from