NASCAR DFS Cheat Sheet: DraftKings Picks for KC Masterpiece 400
Each week, we’ll have an early week cheat sheet for the DFS NASCAR contests at DraftKings. This week, we look at the NASCAR fantasy picks for the KC Masterpiece 400 at Kansas Speedway.
NASCAR DFS CONTESTS
Track Record: $9 entry, $250k guaranteed – $50,000 to 1st!
Slingshot: $3 entry, $75k guaranteed
Happy Hour: $1 entry, $25k guaranteed
FREE $3 ENTRY WITH DEPOSIT AT DRAFTKINGS! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM!
TOP 5 FAVORITES TO WIN
1. Kevin Harvick – Even when Harvick’s pit crew messes up, he still scores a ton of fantasy points. When they do not make a mistake, Harvick embarrasses the field. He’s on another level this season. The Stewart-Haas Racing Fords are the fastest cars in NASCAR, and Harvick is the fastest of the SHR Fords. This team figured out how to set up their Ford in the playoffs last season. Harvick scored the third most hog points (combined fast lap and laps led points) at Kansas last fall.
2. Kyle Busch – The #18 car was due for some regression. He’s great, but even the great drivers get unlucky. For Busch, that bad luck came by way of a broken drivetrain at Dover. Somehow, he drove his car inside the top 5 for 250 laps with a broken drivetrain. That’s pretty impressive. Busch has been fast everywhere this season, and he was fast at Kansas last season. He scored the second most hog points in the fall race and the third most in the spring race.
3. Martin Truex, Jr. – It’s not 2017 anymore. Truex has been great, but he has not been elite. Truex scored 112 fantasy NASCAR points at Fontana, but Kevin Harvick wrecked out of that race. Truex slid back into the elite driver conversation by scoring 44 hog points at Richmond, but dropped out of that conversation when his pit crew cost him 22 spots with 2 laps left. Kansas is a great place for Truex to prove that he belongs. He won both Kansas races last year and he’s scored over 95 points in three of the last four Kansas races.
4. Ryan Blaney – Last year was a breakout season for Blaney. Before he won at Pocono, he established himself as a contender at Kansas. He won the pole and went on to score 77 fantasy points. In the fall race, he was forced to start from the back. He scored 80 fantasy NASCAR points driving from last to third. In terms of speed at intermediate tracks this season, Blaney has a top 5 car.
5. Kyle Larson – Dover was disappointing for Larson. His car was a little off in practice, but his situation got worse. He had to start in the back when his car failed inspection, and then a penalty put the #42 car laps down. Larson battled all day, and still earned a top 10. Kansas last year was another unfortunate situation. He ran nine fast laps in the first 70 laps, but then his engine blew up. He had a fast car, and has had a fast car for the majority of this season. He’s not quite as fast as Harvick and Busch, but no one is.
OPTIMIZE YOUR DFS LINEUPS! CLICK HERE FOR 7 DAYS FREE AT ROTOQL!
LONG SHOTS TO SCORE BIG
1. Daniel Suarez – When Suarez avoids mistakes, he’s a top 10 driver. Last year he finished 7th at Kansas, and 36th when he got caught in a 14 car wreck on lap 198.
2. Austin Dillon – A driver has to stay on the lead lap to score big. Dillon is just fast enough to pull that off. He’s finished 16th or better in the last four Kansas races.
3. Chris Buescher – His 6th place finish at Kansas last year was inflated by a big wreck, but he’s still a top 20 car. His car showed some speed last week at Dover.
FREE $4 ENTRY AT FANTASYDRAFT! CLICK HERE NOW!
Kevin Harvick – His 4th place finish two weeks ago looks like nothing compared to what he did at Dover. Harvick not only won, but he led 201 laps.
Daniel Suarez – It seems that his early season bad luck is behind him. Suarez finished 3rd at Dover. He’s finished 11th or better in the last four races.
Joey Logano – His 13th place finish at Dover was disappointing, but his nine top 10 finishes this season is tied for the most with Kevin Harvick.
Martin Truex, Jr. (Fall 2017)
Martin Truex, Jr. (Spring 2017)
Kevin Harvick (Fall 2016)
Kyle Busch (Spring 2016)
Joey Logano (Fall 2015)
PICK TO WIN
Martin Truex, Jr. – He’s scored the most fantasy NASCAR points in the last three Kansas night races. His team knows the winning setup.
PUT THESE PICKS TO GOOD USE. CLICK HERE NOW TO PLAY NASCAR DFS AT DRAFTKINGS!
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is greenflagradio2) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.