The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-3, 0-3 Big Ten) will try to break their three-game losing run when they clash with the Northwestern Wildcats (2-3, 0-2 Big Ten). The Scarlet Knights () and the Wildcats ( on the moneyline to win) take to the field on October 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. A total of has been set for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Rutgers Vs. Northwestern Odds
|Rutgers (-2.5)||Over (45)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|27.0 (82)||Points Per Game||22.0 (108)|
|22.8 (51)||Points Per Game Against||27.2 (80)|
|213.0 (84)||Pass Yards||189.0 (101)|
|212.2 (51)||Pass Yards Against||214.4 (54)|
|141.7 (83)||Rush Yards||178.8 (44)|
|151.2 (74)||Rush Yards Against||235.0 (127)|
|5 (28)||Giveaways||7 (71)|
|8 (27)||Takeaways||7 (46)|
Rutgers Vs. Northwestern Betting Insights
Rutgers Stats And Trends
- Rutgers is 3-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Scarlet Knights are unbeaten ATS (2-0) as a 2.5-point favorite or greater this season.
- Two of Rutgers’ five games have hit the over.
- On two occasions this season has Rutgers and its opponent combined to score more than 45 points.
- Scarlet Knights games average 50.7 points per game this season, 5.7 higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Northwestern Stats And Trends
- Northwestern has posted one win against the spread this year.
- The Wildcats don’t have a win ATS (0-1) as a 2.5-point favorite or greater this season.
- Northwestern has seen three of its five games gone over the point total.
- Northwestern’s games have gone over 45 points on three occasions this season.
- The average total points scored in Wildcats games this year (45) is 3.0 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Rutgers Players To Watch
- Noah Vedral has thrown for 1,122 yards (187.0 ypg) to lead Rutgers, completing 63.7% of his passes and collecting six touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 162 yards (27.0 ypg) on 55 carries.
- Isaih Pacheco’s team-high 322 rushing yards (53.7 per game) have come on 82 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- Bo Melton’s 254 receiving yards (63.5 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 25 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Aron Cruickshank has put up a 244-yard season so far (40.7 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 20 passes.
- Shameen Jones’ 18 catches have netted him 185 yards (37.0 ypg).
Northwestern Players To Watch
- Hunter Johnson has thrown for 416 yards (138.7 ypg) to lead Northwestern, completing 60% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Evan Hull has carried the ball 70 times for a team-high 509 yards (101.8 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Anthony Tyus III has racked up 41 carries for 197 yards (39.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Stephon Robinson’s 309 receiving yards (61.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 23 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Bryce Kirtz has put up a 203-yard season so far (40.6 receiving yards per game), reeling in 19 passes.
- Malik Washington’s 13 receptions this season have resulted in 171 yards (34.2 ypg) and one touchdown.