Big Ten rivals will clash when the Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-4, 1-3 Big Ten) face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-2, 1-1 Big Ten). The Golden Gophers (on the moneyline to win) serve as host on October 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET against the Cornhuskers ( ). The contest’s total is currently set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Nebraska Vs. Minnesota Odds
|Nebraska (-4)||Under (48.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|31.9 (47)||Points Per Game||24.4 (93)|
|17.9 (22)||Points Per Game Against||19.6 (29)|
|271.0 (32)||Pass Yards||141.8 (124)|
|207.7 (46)||Pass Yards Against||228.0 (70)|
|222.6 (15)||Rush Yards||193.4 (37)|
|133.9 (56)||Rush Yards Against||77.0 (5)|
|8 (86)||Giveaways||5 (28)|
|7 (46)||Takeaways||5 (84)|
Nebraska Vs. Minnesota Betting Insights
Nebraska Stats And Trends
- Nebraska has covered the spread four times in seven games.
- The Cornhuskers have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 4-point favorite or more this season.
- Two of Nebraska’s six games have hit the over.
- In three games this season, Nebraska and its opponent have combined to score more than 48.5 points.
- Cornhuskers games average 54.7 points per game this season, 6.2 higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
In the past four matchups between these two squads, Minnesota has the edge with a 3-1 record over Nebraska. Minnesota has had the upper hand scoring in those four matchups, totaling 140 points while Nebraska scored 98.
Minnesota Stats And Trends
- Minnesota has three wins in five games against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 4-point favorite or more this season.
- Minnesota has had two games (out of five) go over the total this year.
- Minnesota games have finished with over 48.5 points only twice this year.
- The average total points scored in Golden Gophers games this year (48.5) is 4.6 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Nebraska Players To Watch
- Adrian Martinez has thrown for 1,761 yards (251.6 ypg) to lead Nebraska, completing 66.3% of his passes and tossing nine touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 443 yards (63.3 ypg) on 87 carries with 10 rushing touchdowns.
- This season Rahmir Johnson has racked up 72 carries for 298 yards (42.6 per game) and two touchdowns, while also catching 12 passes for 169 yards (24.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- Samori Toure’s team-leading 520 receiving yards (74.3 yards per game) have come on 26 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Austin Allen has hauled in 19 passes for 222 yards (37.0 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Omar Manning’s 14 grabs have yielded 196 yards (32.7 ypg) and one touchdown.
Minnesota Players To Watch
- Tanner Morgan has 709 passing yards (141.8 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 52.2% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Treyson Potts’ team-high 552 rushing yards (110.4 per game) have come on 112 carries, with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Mohamed Ibrahim has racked up 163 yards (163.0 per game) on 30 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Dylan Wright’s 169 receiving yards (56.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has nine receptions with two touchdowns.
- Daniel Jackson has hauled in 14 passes for 155 yards (31.0 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Michael Brown-Stephens’ four receptions this season have resulted in 139 yards (69.5 ypg).