The No. 10 Michigan State Spartans (6-0, 3-0 Big Ten) will try to keep their six-game winning run going in clash against the Indiana Hoosiers (2-3, 0-2 Big Ten). The Spartans () and the Hoosiers ( on the moneyline to win) kick off the action on October 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. Oddsmakers have set a total of points for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Michigan State Vs. Indiana Odds
|Michigan State (-4)||Over (48)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|Michigan State||Stats (Rank)||Indiana|
|36.7 (24)||Points Per Game||23.8 (97)|
|19.3 (28)||Points Per Game Against||28.2 (89)|
|269.8 (35)||Pass Yards||221.4 (73)|
|301.7 (125)||Pass Yards Against||223.0 (63)|
|217.0 (18)||Rush Yards||121.4 (98)|
|116.8 (36)||Rush Yards Against||126.6 (47)|
|5 (28)||Giveaways||8 (86)|
|8 (27)||Takeaways||5 (84)|
Michigan State Vs. Indiana Betting Insights
Michigan State Stats And Trends
- Against the spread, Michigan State is 4-1-1 this season.
- The Spartans have won twice ATS (2-0-1) as a 4-point favorite or more this year.
- Out of six Michigan State games so far this year, three have gone over the total.
- Four times so far this season, Michigan State and its opponent have combined for more than 48 points.
- Spartans games average 54.1 total points per game this season, 6.1 more than the over/under for this matchup.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
Michigan State has a 3-1 advantage over Indiana in the past four meetings between these two teams. Michigan State has had the scoring advantage in those four matchups, scoring 92 points while Indiana notched 85.
Indiana Stats And Trends
- Indiana has won once against the spread this year.
- The Hoosiers are winless ATS (0-2) when playing as at least 4-point favorites this year.
- Out of five Indiana games so far this season, three have gone over the total.
- Indiana games have had over 48 points three times this season.
- This season, Hoosiers games have resulted in an average scoring total of 53.1, which is 5.1 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Michigan State Players To Watch
- Payton Thorne has 1,576 passing yards (262.7 ypg) to lead Michigan State, completing 62.4% of his passes and recording 14 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 76 rushing yards (12.7 ypg) on 32 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Kenneth Walker III has carried the ball 129 times for a team-high 912 yards (152.0 per game), with nine touchdowns this year.
- This season Jordan Simmons has rushed for 183 yards (30.5 per game) on 37 carries.
- Jayden Reed’s 492 receiving yards (82.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 23 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Jalen Nailor has recorded 490 receiving yards (81.7 yards per game) and six touchdowns, hauling in 23 passes this year.
- Tre Mosley has hauled in 20 catches for 310 yards (51.7 ypg) this season.
Indiana Players To Watch
- Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 939 yards (187.8 ypg) to lead Indiana, completing 53.7% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Stephen Carr, has carried the ball 101 times for 375 yards (75.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Tim Baldwin Jr. has rushed for 103 yards (20.6 per game) on 28 carries.
- Ty Fryfogle’s 272 receiving yards (54.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 26 receptions with one touchdown.
- Peyton Hendershot has racked up 268 receiving yards (67.0 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 20 passes this year.
- D.J. Matthews Jr.’s 14 catches have netted him 170 yards (42.5 ypg).