The South Alabama Jaguars (3-2, 0-2 Sun Belt) have a Sun Belt matchup versus the Georgia Southern Eagles (2-4, 1-2 Sun Belt). The Eagles (on the moneyline to win) take the field as visitors on October 14, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPNU against the Jaguars ( ). A total of points has been set for the matchup by bookmakers.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 14, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
South Alabama Vs. Georgia Southern Odds
|South Alabama (-3)||Over (49.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|South Alabama||Stats (Rank)||Georgia Southern|
|26.0 (85)||Points Per Game||24.8 (90)|
|20.0 (30)||Points Per Game Against||32.7 (108)|
|123.2 (125)||Pass Yards||105.8 (126)|
|117.0 (1)||Pass Yards Against||248.3 (93)|
|81.8 (126)||Rush Yards||168.2 (58)|
|73.8 (5)||Rush Yards Against||109.3 (28)|
|8 (86)||Giveaways||4 (12)|
|8 (26)||Takeaways||1 (128)|
South Alabama Vs. Georgia Southern Betting Insights
South Alabama Stats And Trends
- South Alabama has won twice against the spread this year.
- The Jaguars don’t have a win ATS (0-3) as a 3-point favorite or greater this year.
- South Alabama has had two games (out of five) hit the over this season.
- Just once this year has South Alabama and its opponent combined to score more than 49.5 points.
- The average total for Jaguars games this season has been 50.1, 0.6 points higher than the total for this game.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
Georgia Southern holds an edge against South Alabama in the last four meetings between these two teams, putting together a 4-0 record in those games. Georgia Southern has had the upper hand scoring in those four matchups, recording 144 points while South Alabama notched 47.
Georgia Southern Stats And Trends
- Georgia Southern is 3-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have won twice ATS (2-2) as a 3-point favorite or greater this year.
- Two of Georgia Southern’s five games have hit the over.
- Georgia Southern’s games have finished with over 49.5 points scored three times this season.
- The average total for Eagles games is 54.4 points, 4.9 more than this game’s over/under.
South Alabama Players To Watch
- Jake Bentley has thrown for 616 yards (154.0 ypg) to lead South Alabama, completing 68.5% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Kareem Walker’s team-high 176 rushing yards (88.0 per game) have come on 41 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season A.J. Phillips has racked up 19 carries for 74 yards (74.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jalen Tolbert’s 306 receiving yards (102.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 12 receptions and one touchdown.
- Jalen Wayne has put up a 108-yard season so far (27.0 receiving yards per game), reeling in nine passes.
- Caullin Lacy has hauled in 10 grabs for 88 yards (22.0 ypg) this season.
Georgia Southern Players To Watch
- Justin Tomlin has 450 passing yards (150.0 ypg) to lead Georgia Southern, completing 53.6% of his passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 100 rushing yards (33.3 ypg) on 45 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Gerald Green’s team-high 311 rushing yards (77.8 per game) have come on 42 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Logan Wright has racked up 55 carries for 266 yards (53.2 per game) and three touchdowns, while also catching nine passes for 102 yards (20.4 per game).
- Khaleb Hood’s 156 receiving yards (39.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 14 receptions.
- Beau Johnson’s eight catches have turned into 79 yards (19.8 ypg).