The North Texas Mean Green (1-4, 0-2 C-USA) will try to halt their four-game losing run in clash with the Marshall Thundering Herd (3-3, 1-1 C-USA). The Thundering Herd () visit the Mean Green ( to win on the moneyline) on October 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. Oddsmakers have set the game’s total at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 15, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Marshall Vs. North Texas Odds
|North Texas (+11)||Under (66.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|Marshall||Stats (Rank)||North Texas|
|34.8 (32)||Points Per Game||22.8 (106)|
|22.8 (50)||Points Per Game Against||32.2 (107)|
|301.8 (17)||Pass Yards||212.4 (86)|
|158.5 (12)||Pass Yards Against||214.0 (53)|
|127.5 (89)||Rush Yards||203.4 (32)|
|177.5 (97)||Rush Yards Against||210.6 (119)|
|10 (113)||Giveaways||9 (101)|
|7 (44)||Takeaways||7 (44)|
Marshall Vs. North Texas Betting Insights
Marshall Stats And Trends
- Marshall has two wins against the spread this year.
- The Thundering Herd have no wins ATS (0-3) as an 11-point favorite or greater this year.
- Marshall has played six games this year, and four of them have hit the over.
- Just once this season has Marshall and its opponent combined for more than 66.5 points.
- The over/under for this game is 66.5 points, 9.3 more than the average point total for Thundering Herd games this season.
North Texas Stats And Trends
- North Texas has posted two wins against the spread this season.
- The Mean Green have one win ATS (1-1-1) as an 11-point favorite or greater this year.
- One of North Texas’ four games has gone over the point total.
- North Texas’ games have gone over 66.5 points on just one occasion this year.
- This season, Mean Green games have resulted in an average scoring total of 66.9, which is 0.4 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Marshall Players To Watch
- Grant Wells has thrown for 1,543 yards (308.6 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 64% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- Rasheen Ali has carried the ball 84 times for a team-high 453 yards (90.6 per game), with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 15 catches for 81 yards (16.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Sheldon Evans has piled up 111 yards (22.2 per game) on 34 attempts with two touchdowns, while also grabbing 11 passes for 119 yards (23.8 per game).
- Corey Gammage’s team-high 425 receiving yards (85.0 yards per game) have come on 31 receptions.
- Xavier Gaines has put together a 256-yard season so far (51.2 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 16 passes.
- Shadeed Ahmed has hauled in 16 receptions for 226 yards (45.2 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
North Texas Players To Watch
- Jace Ruder leads North Texas with 544 passing yards (136.0 ypg) on 51-of-95 passing with three touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. He also adds 45 rushing yards (11.3 ypg) on 21 carries.
- DeAndre Torrey has carried the ball 115 times for a team-high 601 yards (120.2 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Austin Aune has rushed for 119 yards (23.8 per game) on 31 carries.
- Roderic Burns’ 363 receiving yards (72.6 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 30 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Jason Pirtle has put up a 138-yard season so far (27.6 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 15 passes.
- Jyaire Shorter’s six catches have netted him 107 yards (53.5 ypg).