The No. 24 San Diego State Aztecs (5-0, 1-0 MWC) will aim to extend their five-game winning run in clash against the San Jose State Spartans (3-3, 1-1 MWC). The Spartans (on the moneyline to win) serve as host on October 15, 2021 at 10:30 PM ET on CBS Sports against the Aztecs ( ). Sportsbooks have set a point total of points for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 15, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
San Diego State Vs. San Jose State Odds
|San Diego State (-10)||Over (41)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|San Diego State||Stats (Rank)||San Jose State|
|35.6 (26)||Points Per Game||20.5 (113)|
|16.6 (16)||Points Per Game Against||23.8 (61)|
|128.8 (125)||Pass Yards||226.8 (69)|
|220.4 (58)||Pass Yards Against||228.2 (71)|
|242.2 (11)||Rush Yards||105.3 (112)|
|49.6 (2)||Rush Yards Against||141.2 (63)|
|6 (56)||Giveaways||12 (121)|
|7 (44)||Takeaways||3 (118)|
San Diego State Vs. San Jose State Betting Insights
San Diego State Stats And Trends
- San Diego State has four wins in five games against the spread this season.
- The Aztecs have two wins ATS (2-1) as a 10-point favorite or greater this season.
- San Diego State has played five games this year, and three of them have hit the over.
- San Diego State games have finished with more than 41 points three times so far this year.
- Aztecs games average 44.8 total points per game this season, 3.8 more than the over/under for this matchup.
Recent Head-To-Head Matchups
San Diego State has an edge against San Jose State over the past four meetings between these two squads, recording a 3-1 record in those games. San Diego State has had the scoring advantage in those four matchups, totaling 112 points while San Jose State scored 65.
San Jose State Stats And Trends
- San Jose State has one win against the spread this year.
- The Spartans are winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 10-point favorites this year.
- Out of six San Jose State games so far this season, three have gone over the total.
- There have been three San Jose State games this season with more than 41 points scored.
- The average total points scored in Spartans games this year (41) is 14.8 points higher than the total for this matchup.
San Diego State Players To Watch
- Jordon Brookshire leads San Diego State with 428 passing yards (142.7 ypg) on 28-of-58 passing with two touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 67 rushing yards (22.3 ypg) on 20 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Greg Bell’s team-high 520 rushing yards (104.0 per game) have come on 94 carries, with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Kaegun Williams has rushed for 150 yards (30.0 per game) on 31 carries with one touchdown.
- Daniel Bellinger’s team-high 163 receiving yards (40.8 yards per game) have come on seven receptions with one touchdown.
- BJ Busbee has put together a 74-yard season so far (18.5 receiving yards per game), hauling in six passes.
- Kobe Smith has hauled in three grabs for 67 yards (33.5 ypg) this season.
San Jose State Players To Watch
- Nick Starkel leads San Jose State with 757 passing yards (252.3 ypg) on 46-of-87 passing with four touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- Tyler Nevens’ team-high 406 rushing yards (81.2 per game) have come on 74 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Kairee Robinson has collected 82 yards (16.4 per game) on 18 carries.
- Derrick Deese’s 327 receiving yards (65.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 18 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Isaiah Hamilton has collected 269 receiving yards (53.8 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 17 passes this year.
- Charles Ross’ eight catches have turned into 138 yards (34.5 ypg) and one touchdown.