The Houston Texans (1-3) will attempt to break their three-game losing run in a Week 5 battle with the New England Patriots (1-3). The Texans, on the moneyline to win, and the Patriots, listed at on the spread, kick things off on October 10, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS. The over/under for the matchup is set at points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 10, 2021, 12:49 PM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Patriots Vs Texans Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Texans (+8)||Over (39)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||17.8 (27)||16.8 (28)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||17.5 (6)||29.0 (26)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.0 (24)||4.7 (29)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.8 (4)||6.0 (24)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (27)||7 (27)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (13)||6 (7)|
Patriots Betting Insights
- New England has posted two wins against the spread this season.
- No New England game has hit the over this season.
- Just once this season has New England and its opponent combined for more than 39 points.
- The point total average for Patriots games this season is 44.6, 5.6 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has two wins against the spread this year.
- The Texans have won once ATS (1-2) as a 8-point favorite or more this season.
- Two of Houston’s four games have hit the over.
- Houston games have had over 39 points three times this year.
- This season, Texans games have resulted in an average scoring total of 46.5, which is 7.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones leads New England with 1,012 yards (253.0 ypg) on 112-of-160 passing with four touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He also has 27 rushing yards on seven carries.
- Damien Harris has racked up 172 yards on 49 carries while finding the end zone one time.
- Jakobi Meyers has hauled in 27 receptions for 246 yards (61.5 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. .
- Kendrick Bourne has put up a 181-yard season so far with one touchdown, reeling in 14 passes on 19 targets.
- Nelson Agholor has a total of 165 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 13 throws and scoring one touchdown.
- Matthew Judon has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 6.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Kyle Dugger is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s racked up 21 tackles and 4.0 TFL.
- J.C. Jackson has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with 17 tackles and four passes defended.
Texans Players to Watch
- Davis Mills has compiled 357 yards on 56.7% passing while collecting two touchdown passes with five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Mark Ingram II, has carried the ball 52 times for 171 yards (42.8 per game) with one touchdown.
- David Johnson has eight receptions for 67 yards (16.8 per game) and one touchdown so far while also carrying the ball 16 times for 67 yards.
- Brandin Cooks paces his team with 369 receiving yards on 28 receptions with one touchdown.
- Pharaoh Brown has put together a 73-yard season so far. He’s caught five passes on eight targets.
- Whitney Mercilus has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Christian Kirksey, Houston’s leading tackler, has 29 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- Justin Reid leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 14 tackles and two passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from