Star player Alex Tecza and the Navy Midshipmen (3-5) face the UAB Blazers (3-6) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
Last time out, the Blazers defeated the Florida Atlantic Owls, 45-42. The Midshipmen lost in their last outing by a final score of 32-18 against the Temple Owls.
Last time out for the Blazers, Jacob Zeno finished with 29 completions on 35 attempts (82.9%) for 484 yards, adding five touchdowns and one interception. Jermaine Brown Jr. carried the ball 22 times for 69 yards. He also posted four receptions for 72 yards and one touchdown. Tejhaun Palmer caught nine passes for 179 yards with one touchdown.
For the Midshipmen in their last game, Xavier Arline completed six of 14 passing attempts (42.9%) and totaled 124 yards through the air, connecting on one touchdown pass and one touchdown as a rusher. Brandon Chatman had seven rushing attempts and wound up with 22 yards while also hauling in two receptions for 35 yards. Eli Heidenreich found paydirt once, and ended the contest with two catches for 63 yards.
Want to bet on UAB or Navy? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
UAB Players to Watch
- Zeno leads his team with 2,389 passing yards (298.6 per game) and has a 75.4% completion percentage (218-of-289), throwing 17 touchdown passes and seven interceptions. He also has 145 rushing yards on 70 carries (with four touchdowns), averaging 18.1 yards per game.
- Brown Jr. has taken 105 attempts for a team-leading 479 rushing yards (53.2 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns. He’s also caught 30 passes for 343 yards with one touchdown through the air.
- So far this year Isaiah Jacobs has rushed for 249 yards on 55 carries (49.8 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Palmer has hauled in 36 receptions for 609 yards, best on his team, and five touchdowns. He averages 67.7 receiving yards per game.
- Amare Thomas has chipped in with 44 catches for 388 yards and three touchdowns this year. He averages 48.5 receiving yards per game.
Navy Players to Watch
- Tai Lavatai leads the team with 522 passing yards (74.6 yards per game) and has a 53.3% completion percentage this year (40-of-75) while throwing four touchdowns with two interceptions. He also has 171 rushing yards on 56 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 24.4 yards per game.
- Tecza has taken 82 attempts for a team-leading 547 rushing yards (68.4 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- So far this year Daba Fofana has rushed for 235 yards on 57 carries (29.4 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Heidenreich has hauled in nine receptions for 241 yards, best on his team, and four touchdowns. He averages 30.1 receiving yards per game.
- Chatman’s stat line this year shows 11 catches for 186 yards. He averages 23.3 receiving yards per game.
- Nathan Kent has racked up 77 yards on four receptions with one touchdown, averaging 19.3 yards per game.
UAB Recent Stat Leaders
- With in games, Trace Campbell has been a significant piece of the Blazers’ defensive unit in their last three games.
- With , Terrell McGonald has been a big part of the Blazers’ defense in their last three games.
- The Blazers’ defensive unit has been helped in their last three games by Mac McWilliams, who has registered seven tackles and one pass defended.
- The Blazers’ defensive unit has been aided in their last three games by the play of Colby Dempsey, who has recorded 11 tackles.
Navy Recent Stat Leaders
- As a key defensive contributor in the Midshipmen’s last three games, Conner Lessane has delivered 11 tackles in games.
- For the Midshipmen in their last three games, Nathan Kirkwood has posted 11 tackles.
- In the Midshipmen’s last three outings, Lavatai has registered 11 tackles.
- On defense, Jayden Umbarger has chipped in with 11 tackles for the Midshipmen in their last three contests.
UAB vs. Navy Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||30.8 (47)||18.3 (132)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||38.1 (130)||23.4 (31)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||15 (117)||4 (4)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||14 (16)||11 (49)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.