The New York Giants (0-2) and Atlanta Falcons (0-2) will battle in a Week 3 matchup. The Falcons, on the moneyline to win, and the Giants, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 26, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on FOX. A total of points has been set for the contest by oddsmakers.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 26, 2021, 2:49 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Giants Vs Falcons Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Giants (-2.5)||Over (47.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2020)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||17.5 (31)||24.8 (16)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.3 (9)||25.9 (19)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.0 (28)||5.5 (18)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.3 (8)||6.2 (29)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||22 (20)||18 (9)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||22 (10)||21 (18)|
Giants Betting Insights
- New York covered the spread nine times in 16 games last season.
- The Giants had no wins ATS (0-1) as a 2.5-point favorite or more last year.
- New York had three of its 16 games hit the over last year.
- New York and its opponent combined for more than 47.5 points only two times last year.
- The over/under for this game is 47.5 points, 2.2 more than the average point total for Giants games a year ago.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Falcons Betting Insights
- Atlanta beat the spread seven times in 16 games last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 2.5 points or greater, the Falcons went 5-4 last season.
- Last season, seven of Atlanta’s 16 games went over the point total.
- Atlanta’s games finished with over 47.5 points scored eight times last year.
- The average total points scored in Falcons games last year (47.5) is 3.8 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Giants Players to Watch
- Last season Daniel Jones put up 2,943 passing yards (183.9 per game), a 62.5% completion percentage (280-for-448), 11 touchdowns, and only 10 interceptions. He also added a team-high 423 rushing yards on 65 carries with one rushing TD (averaging 26.4 yards per game).
- Devontae Booker churned out 423 yards on 93 carries (26.4 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Darius Slayton grabbed 50 passes (on 97 targets) for 751 yards (46.9 per game). He also found the end zone three times.
- Sterling Shepard tacked on 656 yards on 66 grabs with three touchdowns. He was targeted 90 times, and averaged 54.7 receiving yards per game.
- Evan Engram reeled in 63 passes on 109 targets for 654 yards and one touchdown, averaging 40.9 receiving yards per game.
- Leonard Williams did his thing last season with an incredible stat line of 11.5 sacks, 15.5 TFL and 85 tackles.
- Blake Martinez went to work last year, collecting 216 tackles, 11.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception.
- James Bradberry intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 64 tackles and 18 passes defended.
Falcons Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan completed 65% of his passes and threw for 4,581 yards and 26 touchdowns last season.
- Wayne Gallman averaged 42.6 rushing yards and tallied six rushing touchdowns.
- Mike Davis rushed for 642 yards and six touchdowns last season. He also averaged 23.3 receiving yards per game.
- Calvin Ridley averaged 85.9 receiving yards and racked up nine receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Russell Gage hauled in four touchdowns and had 786 receiving yards (49.1 ypg) in 2020.
- Hayden Hurst hauled in 56 passes on his way to 571 receiving yards and six touchdowns a season ago.
- Deion Jones proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording 4.5 sacks, 11.0 TFL, 139 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Foyesade Oluokun had an impactful defensive performance last season with 156 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and two interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from