AFC West foes will clash in Week 3 when the Kansas City Chiefs (1-1) meet the Los Angeles Chargers (1-1). The Chiefs, listed at on the spread, take to their home field on September 26, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS against the Chargers, on the moneyline to win. Bookmakers have listed the game’s point total at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 26, 2021, 2:52 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Chiefs Vs Chargers Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Chiefs (-7)||Under (54.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2020)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||29.6 (6)||24.0 (18)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.6 (10)||26.6 (23)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||6.3 (2)||5.4 (20)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.6 (18)||5.5 (12)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||16 (4)||16 (4)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||22 (10)||19 (22)|
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City beat the spread seven times in 16 games last year.
- The Chiefs had an ATS record of 4-8 as 7-point favorites or more last season.
- In 16 Kansas City games last year, eight of them hit the over.
- Eight times last season, Kansas City and its opponent combined to score more than 54.5 points.
- Chiefs games last season posted an average total of 51.6, which is 2.9 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles had nine wins in 16 games against the spread last year.
- The Chargers covered every time (3-0) as underdogs of 7 points or more last year.
- There were nine Los Angeles games (out of 16) that went over the total last season.
- There were eight Los Angeles games last year with more than 54.5 points scored.
- Chargers games averaged 47.3 total points last season, 7.2 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Last year Patrick Mahomes II put together an impressive passing stat line with 4,740 yards (296.3 per game), a 66.3% completion percentage, 38 touchdowns, and only six interceptions. He also added 308 rushing yards on 62 carries with two rushing TDs (averaging 19.3 yards per game).
- Last year Clyde Edwards-Helaire took 181 carries for 803 yards (50.2 per game) and scored four touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 36 passes for 297 yards (18.6 per game) and scored one TD.
- Jerick McKinnon posted 319 rushing yards on 81 carries and five touchdowns last season. He also made a mark receiving with 33 catches for 253 yards and one score.
- In the previous season, Travis Kelce grabbed 105 passes (on 145 targets) for 1,416 yards (88.5 per game). He also found the end zone 11 times.
- Tyreek Hill produced last year, grabbing 87 passes for 1,276 yards and 15 touchdowns. He averaged 79.8 receiving yards per game.
- Mecole Hardman’s stat line last year: 560 receiving yards, 41 catches, four touchdowns, on 62 targets.
- Chris Jones did his thing last season with a memorable stat line of 7.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Daniel Sorensen was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 114 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions last year.
- Last season Tyrann Mathieu had a huge stat line of six interceptions, 76 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and nine passes defended.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert threw for 4,336 yards and 31 touchdowns last season. He also chipped in on the ground, accumulating five touchdowns while racking up 234 yards.
- Austin Ekeler tallied 530 rushing yards and one touchdown on the ground in addition to 403 receiving yards and two touchdowns through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Last season Joshua Kelley rushed for 354 yards. He also scored two total touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen averaged 62.0 yards on 7.1 receptions per game and racked up eight receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Mike Williams hauled in five touchdowns and had 756 receiving yards (47.3 ypg) in 2020.
- Jalen Guyton grabbed 28 passes on his way to 511 receiving yards and three touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Joey Bosa accumulated 7.5 sacks, 14.5 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Kenneth Murray put together an excellent stat line last year, collecting 146 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- A year ago Michael Davis tallied 80 tackles, 2.5 TFL, and 14 passes defended as well as three interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from