The Houston Astros host the Texas Rangers for Game 6 of the ALCS on Sunday at 8:03 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. The Astros have a 3-2 lead in the series, and will lok to clinch a place in the World Series. The Astros will call on Framber Valdez (12-11, 3.45 ERA) versus the Rangers and Nathan Eovaldi (12-5, 3.63 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Houston vs. Texas Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 8:03 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FS1
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez – HOU (12-11, 3.45 ERA) vs Eovaldi – TEX (12-5, 3.63 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Astros vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher: Framber Valdez
- His most recent time out came on Monday against the Texas Rangers, when the left-hander threw 2 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.45, with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 31 games this season. Opponents are batting .222 against him.
- Valdez is looking to record his 21st quality start of the season.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The 29-year-old’s 3.45 ERA ranks 15th, 1.126 WHIP ranks 13th, and 9.1 K/9 ranks 22nd among qualifying pitchers this season.
- Valdez and his team are 14-19-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- Games Valdez has started this season hit the over 19 times in 33 chances.
Valdez’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rangers||Oct. 16||2.2||7||5||4||6||1|
|vs. Twins||Oct. 8||4.1||7||5||5||5||3|
|at Mariners||Sep. 27||4.0||5||3||3||7||5|
|vs. Royals||Sep. 22||5.1||4||7||6||10||3|
|at Royals||Sep. 17||7.0||6||1||0||5||1|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher: Nathan Eovaldi
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in six innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Houston Astros.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.63 and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .220 in 25 games this season.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- He has eight appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 25 chances this season.
- The Rangers are 17-11-0 against the spread when Eovaldi starts.
- Eovaldi’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 15 of 28 games.
Eovaldi’s Recent Performance
|at Astros||Oct. 16||6.0||5||3||3||9||1|
|vs. Orioles||Oct. 10||7.0||5||1||1||7||0|
|at Rays||Oct. 4||6.2||6||1||1||8||0|
|at Mariners||Sep. 29||3.1||5||7||7||5||2|
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 24||5.0||6||5||5||6||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.