The Philadelphia Phillies hit the road for Game 5 of the NLCS against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday at 8:07 PM ET at Chase Field. The teams are knotted up 2-2 in the series. The Phillies will look to Zack Wheeler (13-6, 3.61 ERA) against the Diamondbacks and Zac Gallen (17-9, 3.47 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Philadelphia vs. Arizona Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 8:07 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
- Probable Pitchers: Wheeler – PHI (13-6, 3.61 ERA) vs Gallen – ARI (17-9, 3.47 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Phillies vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Zack Wheeler
- The righty’s last time out was on Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.61, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 32 games this season. Opponents are batting .227 against him.
- Wheeler is aiming to notch his fourth straight quality start in this matchup.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his 32 outings this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 33-year-old ranks 20th in ERA (3.61), eighth in WHIP (1.078), and 12th in K/9 (9.9).
- Wheeler’s team is 17-18-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- Games Wheeler has started this season hit the over 16 times in 35 chances.
Wheeler’s Recent Performance
|vs. Diamondbacks||Oct. 16||6.0||3||2||2||8||0|
|at Braves||Oct. 9||6.1||3||3||2||10||1|
|vs. Marlins||Oct. 3||6.2||5||1||1||8||0|
|vs. Pirates||Sep. 28||4.0||4||1||1||5||1|
|vs. Mets||Sep. 23||7.0||8||5||3||6||1|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Zac Gallen
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in five innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 28-year-old has pitched to a 3.47 ERA this season with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.0 walks per nine across 34 games.
- He has started 34 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 20 of them.
- In 34 appearances this season, he has finished eight without allowing an earned run.
- The 28-year-old ranks 16th in ERA (3.47), 12th in WHIP (1.119), and 17th in K/9 (9.4) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
- The Diamondbacks are 21-16-0 against the spread when Gallen starts.
- Gallen has had 37 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 18 of those outings finished over the total.
Gallen’s Recent Performance
|at Phillies||Oct. 16||5.0||8||5||5||4||2|
|at Dodgers||Oct. 9||5.1||5||2||2||4||2|
|at Brewers||Oct. 4||6.0||5||2||2||4||3|
|vs. Astros||Sep. 29||6.1||7||2||2||7||1|
|at Yankees||Sep. 24||6.0||3||0||0||8||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.