The Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros face off for Game 5 of the ALCS on Friday at 5:07 PM ET at Globe Life Field. The series is notted up at 2-2. The probable starters are Jordan Montgomery (10-11, 3.20 ERA) for the Rangers and Justin Verlander (13-8, 3.22 ERA) for the Astros.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Texas vs. Houston Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, October 20, 2023 at 5:07 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FS1
- Probable Pitchers: Montgomery – TEX (10-11, 3.20 ERA) vs Verlander – HOU (13-8, 3.22 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Rangers vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- In his most recent time out on Monday, the lefty tossed 6 1/3 scoreless innings against the Houston Astros while surrendering five hits.
- The 30-year-old has a 3.20 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 32 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .240 to his opponents.
- Montgomery is looking to pick up his 21st quality start of the season.
- He has made seven appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 30-year-old’s 3.20 ERA ranks eighth, 1.193 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 7.9 K/9 ranks 36th.
- Montgomery’s team is 16-19-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- Games Montgomery has started this season hit the over 15 times in 35 chances.
Montgomery’s Recent Performance
|at Astros||Oct. 15||6.1||5||0||0||6||1|
|at Orioles||Oct. 8||4.0||9||5||4||2||1|
|at Rays||Oct. 3||7.0||6||0||0||5||0|
|at Mariners||Sep. 28||6.0||5||1||1||5||2|
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 23||7.0||5||0||0||6||2|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher: Justin Verlander
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Texas Rangers on Monday.
- The 40-year-old has pitched to a 3.22 ERA this season with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.5 walks per nine across 27 games.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- He has six appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 27 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 40-year-old ranks ninth in ERA (3.22), 14th in WHIP (1.133), and 34th in K/9 (8.0).
- When Verlander starts, the Astros have gone 13-16-0 against the spread.
- Verlander has had 29 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 12 of those outings.
Verlander’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rangers||Oct. 15||6.2||6||2||2||5||2|
|vs. Twins||Oct. 7||6.0||4||0||0||6||3|
|at Diamondbacks||Sep. 30||5.0||2||0||0||5||3|
|at Mariners||Sep. 25||8.0||3||1||1||8||1|
|vs. Orioles||Sep. 18||6.0||8||3||3||5||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.