The 4:25 PM ET game on October 22 between the Los Angeles Chargers (2-3) and the Kansas City Chiefs (5-1) should be a competitive matchup, as Keenan Allen has been one of the league’s top pass-catchers this season, and the Chiefs have been a top-five pass defense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 183.8 passing yards allowed per contest.
The Chiefs are 5.5-point favorites against the Chargers. The total is set at 47.5 points.
The betting insights in what follows reflect odds as of October 21, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Check out the article below for the latest odds for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Chiefs Vs Chargers Odds
Chiefs vs. Chargers Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Chiefs (-5.5)||Under (47.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||24.5 (8)||25.4 (18)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||14.7 (3)||24.8 (17)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.7 (5)||5.6 (6)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.7 (4)||5.8 (29)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (18)||3 (1)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||9 (10)||8 (12)|
Chiefs Betting Insights
- The Chiefs have four wins in six games against the spread this year.
- Kansas City has two wins ATS (2-1) as a 5.5-point or higher favorite in 2023.
- Two of the Chiefs’ six games have gone over the point total.
- The total for this game is 47.5, 1.3 points fewer than the average total in Kansas City games thus far this season.
Chargers Betting Insights
- The Chargers have one win against the spread this year.
- The Chargers have played two games (out of five) which finished over the total this year.
- Los Angeles games have gone over 47.5 points on three occasions this season.
- The average total points scored in Chargers games this year (47.5) is 2.0 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II leads Kansas City with 1,593 yards (265.5 ypg) on 153-of-224 passing with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He also has 185 rushing yards on 29 carries.
- Isiah Pacheco has carried the ball 87 times for a team-high 387 yards on the ground and has found the end zone three times as a runner. He’s also tacked on 17 catches for 135 yards (22.5 per game).
- Travis Kelce’s team-leading 346 yards as a receiver have come on 36 catches (out of 46 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Rashee Rice has caught 21 passes for 245 yards (40.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Noah Gray’s 12 catches have turned into 147 yards and one touchdown.
- Chris Jones has 5.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Drue Tranquill is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 34 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Mike Edwards leads the team with one interception, while also collecting 12 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four passes defended.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has 1,332 passing yards, or 266.4 per game, this season. He has completed 68.7% of his passes and has thrown nine touchdowns with two interceptions. He’s also helped out on the ground with 15.2 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner three times.
- Joshua Kelley is his team’s leading rusher with 58 carries for 209 yards, or 41.8 per game. He’s found the end zone one time on the ground, as well.
- Austin Ekeler has racked up 144 yards (on 30 attempts) with one touchdown, while also catching eight passes for 82 yards.
- Allen leads his squad with 519 receiving yards on 42 catches with four touchdowns.
- Josh Palmer has collected 220 receiving yards (44.0 yards per game) and one touchdown on 15 receptions.
- Gerald Everett’s 19 targets have resulted in 16 catches for 123 yards and one touchdown.
- Khalil Mack leads the team with 7.0 sacks, and also has 6.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Kenneth Murray, Los Angeles’ leading tackler, has 35 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception this year.
- Asante Samuel Jr. has a team-high one interception to go along with 26 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
How to Bet on Chiefs vs Chargers
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.