The San Jose State Spartans (2-5) take the 22nd-ranked pass defense in college football into a clash with the Utah State Aggies (3-4), with the No. 16 pass attack, on Saturday, October 21, 2023. The Spartans are 4-point favorites. The over/under in this outing is 65 points.
Want to bet on San Jose State or Utah State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
San Jose State vs. Utah State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
|San Jose State||-4||-108||-112||65||-112||-108|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Utah State (+4)||Under (65)||Utah State 36 San Jose State 28|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|San Jose State||Utah State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||31.4 (38)||37.3 (12)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||32.3 (120)||32.9 (121)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||4 (11)||12 (117)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||8 (60)||12 (13)|
San Jose State vs. Utah State Betting Insights
San Jose State Stats and Trends
- San Jose State has won five games against the spread this season, while failing to cover twice.
- The Spartans have covered the spread when playing as at least 4-point favorites in two of two games this season.
- In San Jose State’s seven games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total six times.
- The Spartans seven games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 65 points three times.
- SJSU’s games this season have had an average of 56.9 points, 8.1 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the last two matchups between these two squads, Utah State has the edge with a 2-0 record over San Jose State. In those games against the Spartans, the Aggies have a 2-0 record against the spread while both contests outscored the point total. Utah State outscored San Jose State 83-48 in those two head-to-head matchups.
Utah State Stats and Trends
- Utah State has covered four times in seven chances against the spread this season.
- The Aggies have been an underdog by 4 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Utah State and its opponent have combined to go over the point total six out of seven times this season.
- The Aggies have played five games this season that ended with a combined score over 65 points.
- The average total for Utah State’s games this season is 53.2 points, 11.8 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
San Jose State Players to Watch
- Chevan Cordeiro has passed for 1,610 yards while completing 59.9% of his throws (133-of-222), with eight touchdowns and three interceptions (230.0 yards per game). He’s also rushed 48 times for 128 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 18.3 yards per game.
- Kairee Robinson has 73 carries for a team-high 471 rushing yards (78.5 per game) and 10 touchdowns. He also has 11 catches for 168 receiving yards (28.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Quali Conley has run for 352 yards on 46 carries (50.3 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns. Conley also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 13 passes for 165 yards (23.6 ypg).
- Nick Nash has hauled in 30 passes for a team-best 378 yards with four touchdowns. He averages 54.0 yards per game.
- Dominick Mazotti has also added 248 yards on 17 catches and one touchdown. He averages 41.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- Charles Ross is averaging 34.2 yards per game, racking up 17 receptions for 205 yards and one touchdown.
Utah State Players to Watch
- Cooper Legas has thrown for 1,338 yards while completing 66% of his passes (101-of-153), with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions this year (223.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 47 times for 74 yards, averaging 12.3 yards per game.
- Davon Booth has run for a team-leading 446 yards on 73 carries (63.7 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Rahsul Faison has rushed for 334 yards on 46 carries (47.7 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Jalen Royals has 39 catches and paces his team with 647 receiving yards (92.4 ypg) while scoring nine touchdowns.
- Terrell Vaughn has added 54 catches for 613 yards and eight touchdowns this year. He puts up 87.6 receiving yards per game.
- Micah Davis has caught 21 passes for 421 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 60.1 yards per game this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.