The SMU Mustangs (4-2) will face off against the Temple Owls (2-5) in AAC action on Friday, October 20, 2023 at Lincoln Financial Field. The Owls are currently heavy, 24-point underdogs. An over/under of 53.5 points has been set for the contest.
Want to bet on SMU or Temple in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
SMU vs. Temple Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|SMU (-24)||Under (53.5)||SMU 40 Temple 13|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||33.3 (59)||21.9 (103)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||17.0 (13)||35.6 (124)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||6 (29)||11 (104)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (126)||2 (130)|
SMU vs. Temple Betting Insights
SMU Stats and Trends
- SMU is 3-3-0 ATS this season.
- The Mustangs have won their only game this season when playing as at least 24-point favorites.
- SMU games have hit the over just once this season.
- Mustangs matchups have gone over 53.5 points only once this season (in six contests).
- SMU’s outings this year have an average total of 60.3, 6.8 more points than this game’s over/under.
Temple Stats and Trends
- Temple has won just one game against the spread this season.
- So far this season, three of Temple’s six games with a set number have hit the over.
- Owls games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 53.5 points in three of seven outings.
- Temple’s games this year have had a 55.6-point total on average, 2.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
SMU Players to Watch
- This year, Preston Stone has racked up 1,467 passing yards (244.5 yards per game) while going 113-for-198 (57.1% completion percentage) and throwing 14 touchdowns and five interceptions. He has tacked on 93 rushing yards on 35 carries with one touchdown, averaging 15.5 yards per game.
- Jaylan Knighton has 62 carries for a team-high 358 rushing yards (71.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- LJ Johnson Jr. has run for 161 yards on 31 carries (32.2 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Jordan Kerley has hauled in 12 receptions for 223 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 37.2 receiving yards per game.
- Jake Bailey’s stat line this year shows 20 catches for 220 yards. He puts up 36.7 receiving yards per game.
- RJ Maryland has caught 18 passes for 206 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 41.2 yards per game this year.
Temple Players to Watch
- E.J. Warner has passed for 1,741 yards while completing 56.2% of his throws (153-of-272), with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions (290.2 yards per game).
- Joquez Smith has 59 carries for a team-high 280 rushing yards (46.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Darvon Hubbard has run for 222 yards on 48 carries (31.7 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. Hubbard also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 18 passes for 193 yards (27.6 ypg).
- This season Amad Anderson Jr. has 27 catches and leads the team with 394 yards (65.7 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- David Martin-Robinson has hauled in 25 catches for 305 yards (50.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Dante Wright is averaging 37.6 yards per game, racking up 21 receptions for 263 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.