The Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-3) will play a fellow Big Ten opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats (3-3) in a matchup on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE). The Wildcats are considerable underdogs in this one, with the spread sitting at 10.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 40 points.
Want to bet on Nebraska or Northwestern in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Nebraska vs. Northwestern Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Northwestern (+10.5)||Over (40)||Nebraska 25 Northwestern 20|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||19.0 (124)||22.0 (115)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||21.0 (27)||27.3 (68)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||11 (104)||5 (17)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (109)||5 (109)|
Nebraska vs. Northwestern Betting Insights
Nebraska Stats and Trends
- Nebraska has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover three times.
- The Cornhuskers have covered the spread once when favored by 10.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- This season, games featuring the Nebraska have gone over the point total twice.
- The Huskers six games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 40 points four times.
- The average point total in Nebraska’s outings this year is 44.8, 4.8 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the last three matchups between these two teams, Northwestern holds the edge with a 2-1 record over Nebraska. The Wildcats have a 2-1 record against the spread in those games against the Cornhuskers, with the two squads outscoring the point total on two occasions. Nebraska totaled 97 points in those three matchups compared to Northwestern’s 59.
Northwestern Stats and Trends
- Northwestern has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats have been an underdog by 10.5 points or more three times this year, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- So far this year, four of Northwestern’s five games with a set number have gone over the point total.
- The Wildcats have combined with their opponents to score more than 40 points in all six games this season.
- Northwestern’s games this year have had a 45.4-point total on average, 5.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Nebraska Players to Watch
- This year, Heinrich Haarberg has racked up 631 passing yards (105.2 yards per game) while going 50-for-96 (52.1% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and two interceptions. He has tacked on 352 rushing yards on 69 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 58.7 yards per game.
- Anthony Grant has 280 yards on 64 carries (56.0 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Billy Kemp has 20 catches, leading his team with 219 yards (36.5 ypg) while hauling in one touchdown this season.
- Marcus Washington has added eight catches for 176 yards this year. He averages 35.2 receiving yards per game.
- Thomas Fidone II is averaging 31.4 yards per game, racking up 12 receptions for 157 yards and three touchdowns.
Northwestern Players to Watch
- Ben Bryant has passed for 926 yards while completing 59% of his throws (95-of-161), with six touchdowns and three interceptions (185.2 yards per game).
- Cam Porter has 74 carries for a team-high 299 rushing yards (49.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Brendan Sullivan has 96 yards on 31 carries (24.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Bryce Kirtz has 24 catches and paces his team with 327 receiving yards (65.4 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Cam Johnson has also added 26 receptions for 312 yards and one touchdown.
- Joseph Himon II has caught eight passes for 129 yards and one touchdown, averaging 21.5 yards per game this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.