CUSA play features the New Mexico State Aggies (4-3) taking on the UTEP Miners (2-5) on Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at the Sun Bowl. The Aggies are favored by 3 points. An over/under of 48.5 points has been set for the contest.
Want to bet on New Mexico State or UTEP in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
New Mexico State vs. UTEP Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
|New Mexico State||-3||-110||-110||48.5||-110||-110|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|UTEP (+3)||Under (48.5)||UTEP 24 New Mexico State 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|New Mexico State||UTEP|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||30.0 (44)||17.7 (120)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||23.1 (69)||26.1 (91)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (47)||10 (91)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (108)||4 (122)|
New Mexico State vs. UTEP Betting Insights
New Mexico State Stats and Trends
- New Mexico State is 5-2-0 ATS this season.
- The Aggies have covered the spread three times this season (3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- New Mexico State games have gone over the point total three out of seven times this season.
- The Aggies and their opponents have scored more than 48.5 points in four of seven games this season.
- New Mexico State’s contests this year have an average point total of 50.6, 2.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
UTEP holds an edge against New Mexico State over the last two matchups between these two squads, recording a 2-0 record in those games. The Aggies and Miners have an even 1-1 record against the spread in those games with the two squads not outpacing the total once. UTEP totaled 50 points in those two matchups compared to New Mexico State’s 16.
UTEP Stats and Trends
- UTEP has a record of 2-5-0 against the spread this year.
- The Miners have covered the spread once when an underdog by 3 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- So far this year, two UTEP games have gone over the point total.
- The Miners and their opponents have scored more than 48.5 combined points just once this season.
- The average over/under for UTEP’s contests this season is 50.2, 1.7 more points than this game’s total.
New Mexico State Players to Watch
- This year, Diego Pavia has racked up 1,615 passing yards (230.7 yards per game) while going 102-for-164 (62.2% completion percentage) and throwing 14 touchdowns and five interceptions. He has tacked on 440 rushing yards on 76 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 62.9 yards per game.
- Ahmonte Watkins has 306 yards on 25 carries (43.7 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Jonathan Brady has grabbed 18 passes for a team-high 338 yards while scoring three touchdowns. He averages 48.3 yards per game.
- Trent Hudson has hauled in 15 catches for 311 yards (44.4 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jordin Parker has caught four passes for 194 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 48.5 yards per game this year.
UTEP Players to Watch
- Gavin Hardison leads the team with 947 passing yards (189.4 yards per game) and has a 56.6% completion percentage this year (73-of-129) while throwing five touchdowns with seven interceptions.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has taken 87 attempts for a team-leading 452 rushing yards (64.6 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He’s also caught eight passes for 117 yards (16.7 receiving yards per game).
- Deion Hankins has run for 442 yards on 92 carries (63.1 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Kelly Akharaiyi has 25 receptions for a team-high 513 receiving yards (85.5 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jeremiah Ballard has hauled in 18 catches for 311 yards (44.4 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Tyrin Smith has caught 19 passes for 191 yards and one touchdown, averaging 47.8 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.