The NL Wild Card Series opens with a matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and the Arizona Diamondbacks at American Family Field on Tuesday, starting at 7:08 PM ET. The Brewers will call on Corbin Burnes (10-8) against the Diamondbacks and Brandon Pfaadt (3-9).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Milwaukee vs. Arizona Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 7:08 PM ET
- Where: American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
- Probable Pitchers: Burnes – MIL (10-8, 3.39 ERA) vs Pfaadt – ARI (3-9, 5.72 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Brewers vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- His most recent appearance was on Thursday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when the righty went four scoreless innings while allowing five hits.
- In 32 games this season, the 28-year-old has amassed a 3.39 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .195 to opposing hitters.
- Burnes is looking to collect his 20th quality start of the year in this game.
- He is trying to make his third straight outing with no earned runs surrendered.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 28-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (3.39), fifth in WHIP (1.069), and 21st in K/9 (9.3).
- Burnes’ team is 14-18-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- Out of Burnes’ 32 starts with a total this season, 16 have hit the over.
Burnes’ Recent Performance
|vs. Cardinals||Sep. 28||4.0||5||0||0||4||1|
|at Marlins||Sep. 22||5.0||2||0||0||6||2|
|vs. Nationals||Sep. 16||5.2||5||4||4||9||3|
|at Yankees||Sep. 10||8.0||0||0||0||7||2|
|at Pirates||Sep. 4||6.0||7||4||4||7||0|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Brandon Pfaadt
- The right-hander allowed five hits in 5 2/3 scoreless innings pitched against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with an ERA of 5.72 and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .278.
- In 19 starts this season, he’s earned three quality starts.
- In 19 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 10-9-0 ATS in Pfaadt’s 19 starts that had a set spread.
- Pfaadt’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in 19 games with a set total this season.
Pfaadt’s Recent Performance
|at White Sox||Sep. 27||5.2||5||0||0||8||0|
|at Yankees||Sep. 22||4.1||8||6||5||8||0|
|vs. Cubs||Sep. 15||5.1||4||0||0||6||1|
|at Cubs||Sep. 10||6.0||7||4||4||4||1|
|vs. Rockies||Sep. 5||3.2||6||3||3||4||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.